Trainee Store Manager .
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is one of the largest and most forward thinking family-owned businesses in the UK. The company began life in 1917 as a counter-service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now employs more than 8,200 people with a turnover of £1.3 billion.
Food and drink have always been the lifeblood of A.F. Blakemore and the business now entails retail, trade-partners, wholesale distribution, foodservice, and shop fitting operations amongst its divisions.
Position: Trainee Store Manager
Location: Upton, Cheshire, CH2 1JF
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week, various shifts on a rota basis
Salary: £18,000.00 per annum
Benefits: Company Sick Pay, Additional Holidays, Company Pension Scheme, Life Cover, Staff Discount, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Volunteering opportunities
Closing date: July 14, 2019
About the role:
To assist in maximising sales and profit by contributing to the continuous improvement of the store and staff, control of costs and leakage and provision of friendly, efficient service to customers, colleagues and visitors.
- To deliver customer service in line with SPARkling Service standards.
- To be fully aware of KRA’s and assist in working to deliver and improve them.
- To generate ideas for driving the business and it’s team forward.
- To assist in monitoring competitor activity.
- To assist in developing a motivated and empowered team through a positive management style.
- To assist in ensuring training is delivered as scheduled.
- To use relevant processes and policies to control the security of people, stock and cash.
- To ensure compliance with relevant legislation and health and food safety responsibilities
- Assist with the control of costs in accordance with agreed budgets.
- Adherence to cash and stock control policies, ensuring and assisting others to do the same.
- Maintain employee and organisational confidentiality in line with the Data Protection Act.
- Demonstrate commitment to equality and diversity.
- Comply with all legislative requirements as well as all company policies, procedures and processes.
- Good standard of (numeracy and literacy) essential.
- APLH (Award for Personal License Holder) - must have or be prepared to undertake this qualification.
- NVQ level 2-3 in retail skills, customer care (or similar).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft programs.
- Previous junior supervisory experience in a food retail environment (or similar).
- An understanding of budgets & targets and the ability to assist in working to deliver and improve them.
- Some understanding of health and food safety and legislative responsibilities of a retail environment.
- Some experience of team development and business development.
- Ability to provide leadership, direction and motivation to teams.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships.
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- Ability to contribute ideas for driving the business and it’s team forward.
- Experience of using a Challenge 25 policy.
- Previous cash handling experience.
- Experience in managing costs and resources.
- The desire and skill to interact with colleagues, customers and visitors in line with the company values.
- Demonstrates integrity, a strong work ethic and upholds the company values and principles.
- Ability to deal with conflict in an effective professional manner.
You may have experience of the following: Assistant Manager, Retail, Convenience, FMCG, Grocery Manager, Supermarket, Food, Retail Management, Business Development, Food Service, Convenience Store, Trainee Store Manager, Store Manager, Retail Manager, Deputy Manager, etc.