Sales Support (OEM) .
Routeco is looking for an energetic, conscientious person who interacts well with other people to join our Southern OEM Solutions Team – the role will be primarily office based and could be located within any of the Southern Branches.
You’ll be joining a dynamic nationwide sales network of 250 people at one of the UK's leading distributors of industrial automation and control products.
Having just celebrated our 40th birthday, Routeco is looking towards a bright future as a growing part of Sonepar, an independent family-owned company with global market leadership (44,500 people, an annual turnover of 21.6 billion euros) in B-to-B distribution of electrical products, solutions and related services.
If you are looking for a company that has a long-term vision and cares about its people and the planet, then you are looking for Sonepar which spans 44 countries and is constantly striving to create stimulating opportunities for the future.
Routeco and Sonepar both believe passionately in the idea of sharing success. That is why we want you to join and contribute to a team that is constantly striving to be La Référence.
The role of OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) Support includes the potential to grow with us and build your own career.
Position: OEM Support
Location: Southern region (predominantly office based)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £25,000 to £27,000 per annum depending on skills and experience, plus bonus
Benefits: Group Life Assurance (4x annual salary), 25 days annual leave (increasing with length of service), Company sponsored Pension Scheme which provides for matched employer contributions of 5% of your salary, Private Health Insurance (single cover), Westfield Health Cash Plan (level 1, employee only), Other flexible benefit options such as upgrades will be available for selection on an annual basis
About the role:
Working in the OEM Team at Routeco means working closely with our customers predominantly on the phone and via email, to assist in maximising sales opportunities. You must be comfortable working with excel to provide data to the team.
So, we are looking for someone with initiative, determination and self-motivation who enjoys dealing with data and working within a team to resolve customer issues and queries.
- Engage with and support the OEM Solutions team to help ensure new business wins and good implementation practice.
- To help implement a customised business solution, matching the needs of each customer, and utilizing all of Routeco’s different services.
- To be able to balance work load between assisting with data to prove cost savings and helping implementation team to streamline processes and improve efficiencies.
- Create and maintain relationships so you need to enjoy dealing with people and be confident that you can make a good impression.
- Take charge of your personal development and contribute to the evaluation of performance in line with Routeco’s core competencies and learning and development framework.
- To deal with customers, you need a solid education with GSCEs (or equivalent) in Maths and English.
- Knowledge of Routeco procedures and processes.
- A sound knowledge of Microsoft Office and a high level of capability with Microsoft Excel.
- A reasonable knowledge of electrical control and automation products gained within a busy sales environment would be an advantage as technical interests, specialist skills and experience are important for long term success, although in depth training will be provided.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work comfortably at director level.
- A good standard of education is required, particularly in Maths & English and excellent customer service skills.
- Good day to day planning capabilities are essential.
Are you ready to make a difference?
You may have experience of the following: Sales Support Administrator, Sales Support, Sales Executive, Internal Account Manager, Account Manager, Sales Support Assistant, Sales Administrator, Account Management, Internal Sales Executive etc.