Usability Research Scientist .
Intersurgical is a thriving innovative medical manufacturing company and a world leader in providing plastic disposable products for the respiratory care business.
Position: Usability Research Scientist
Location: Head Office (Wokingham UK)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: £25,000 - £45,000 per annum
Closing date for applications: 19th July 2019
About the role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a User Research Scientist to join our thriving UK medical manufacturing company to work within our expanding Technical & Commercial Department.
The job involves supporting product development by co-ordinating and leading usability and human factors research assessing the characteristics of the user interface for effectiveness, efficiency and user satisfaction.
The successful candidate will be working alongside the Design, Marketing and Regulatory teams to recommend product / user research requirements throughout all phases of the design process with particular emphasis on evaluating the device usability in accordance to relevant standards and regulations.
For the position, you will be required to take ownership for planning, trial moderation, analysis and report writing ensuring all documentation is compliant.
The role may involve occasional travel within Europe to attend exhibitions and conferences.
- Science degree (Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Human Sciences or a related subject).
- Experience in conducting product evaluation trials and evaluating product usability within an R&D environment.
- Experience within user research in the medical device / health care categories would be advantageous.
- Knowledgeable in usability engineering documentation (preferable).
- Good knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and their application within the product development field.
- Strong capabilities in product usability trial designs and set-ups.
- Able to gather, evaluate, critically interpret and communicate information.
- A good eye for detail and excellent report writing skills.
- Able to make decisions and self-manage.
- Can-do attitude with an enthusiastic approach to work.
You may have experience of the following: Usability Analyst, Researcher, User Experience Executive, User Experience, UI Consultant, Usability Coordinator, Usability Manager, Project Manager, Usability Engineer, R&D, Research & Development, NPD, New Product Development, Research Scientist, etc.