Supply Chain / Operations Director .
Established in 1864, Matthew Algie have been producing sustainable premium quality coffee and tea for over 150 years. The company sells its coffee to coffee shops, bars, restaurants, hotels and businesses across the UK & Ireland and offers coffee machines for hire - supported by a network of field engineers as well as a range of coffee-related equipment and complementary products through its sister-company Espresso Warehouse.
Our key values of Ethics, Passion, Integrity and Collaboration are at the core of everything we do, from new product innovation for our customers to projects with our Fairtrade co-op farmers. We believe our continued success is due to the great people we employee and those with whom we do business.
Position: Supply Chain / Operations Director
Location: Glasgow, with travel to rest of UK, Ireland and Europe.
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
About the role:
To develop and manage Matthew Algie operations to deliver, quality, safe and legal products in an efficient and cost-effective manner. Bring operational excellence, improvement culture and foster innovation to our approach in manufacturing and logistics. Member of the senior management team.
Based - principally based in Glasgow with travel to rest of UK, Ireland and Europe.
- Proven track record in the effective leadership of employees.
- Possess the authority, credibility and integrity to command respect at all levels including external contacts.
- Proven experience in change management and operational transformation with associated savings and business benefits.
- Proven ability to work autonomously.
- Proven experience in development of teams.
- Experience in larger CAPEX implementations (specification and delivery).
- Food industry background (BRC requirements awareness).
- UK retailer site experience.
- Degree qualified.
- Eye for data (operational and financial) and able to drive improvement and value from this.
- Strategic planning, development and implementation with teams.
- Continuous improvement – skills at “green belt” or equivalent.
- Enjoy working with and managing people.
- Ability to influence at all management levels.
- Excellent coaching and facilitating skills to empower managers to deal effectively with management at all levels.
- Flexible thought processes – ability to generate innovate, commercially sound solutions.
- Able to utilise standard Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint in the development of professional materials for internal and external purposes.
- Competent using Excel and other tools for the purposes of numerical data interpretation with basic statistics and other tools.
- Project management and programme development.
- Best practice in modern manufacturing approaches to quality, manufacturing process and maintenance.
- Ability to lead, direct and work as part of a team under pressure.
- Able to confidently represent the business with regards to operational excellence with stakeholders (internal and external).
You may have experience of the following: Supply Chain/Operations Director, Supply Chain Director, Supply Chain Manager, Supply Chain, Operations Director, Operations Manager, Head of Operations, Logistics Manager, Project Manager, Programme Manager, FMCG, etc.