Network Manager (Secondary School) .
Turn IT On provides a comprehensive range of hands-on ICT and computing support, MIS support, GDPR services and consultancy and training to over 750 schools, by consultants and staff who understand teaching. Over half of our consultants have worked in education, and we now employ in excess of 110 people across London and the South East. We put schools and their needs first, taking care of all their technology needs so that they can get on with teaching and learning.
turn IT on is a friendly and supportive place to work where people feel trusted and respected and we are proud of the diversity and flexibility that we have, and the breadth of skills and experience of our staff.
Position: Secondary School Network Manager
Location: Southampton, Hampshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 8.00am to 5.00pm
Salary: £27k to £34k FTE negotiable for the right person
Benefits: include Pension scheme, Eye care voucher scheme, Cycle Scheme, Mental Health First Aid and Employee Assistance Programme.
About the role:
The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring, maintaining and managing a wider range of IT Systems across a schools Infrastructure. You will help our schools improve the standard of their ICT provisions and enable them to deliver effective teaching and learning through ICT solutions. You will facilitate communication between your schools and turn IT on, keep up to date with what services turn IT on can offer, and manage the accounts of your customers.
- Work closely with the Senior Leadership Team and turn IT on to help develop IT across the school and help put plans in place for projects.
- Day to day management of operations including managing one member of technical staff ensuring all requests are dealt with in an efficient manner.
- Monitoring and maintaining of all key systems including switches, virtual & physical server environments and backups.
- 2nd / 3rd Line Support and helping mentor the IT Technician.
- Enforcing and monitoring in line with School policies.
- Internal Staff Training.
The ideal candidate will have experience in working in a previous ICT Technician / Consultant role in the education sector and will have a passion for IT with a strong technical background, be self-motivated and enjoy providing excellent customer service. This role requires you to be a team player, have strong communication and organisation skills along with a courteous manner with the ability to explain technical issues in layman’s terms to our customers.
You should be able to work independently and have an aptitude for problem solving and a proactive approach to identifying ways to improve services provided by your team.
- Windows Server, Active Directory and Microsoft Operating Systems.
- Virtualisation Technologies - particularly HyperV.
- Cloud Technologies - Office365 / Azure.
- Strong communication skills and high level of customer service.
The role is offered on a full-time basis and the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
turn IT on is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all employees to share this commitment.
‘Happy to talk flexible working’.
‘Your data matters’.
You may have experience of the following: Network Manager, IT Infrastructure Manager, Technical Support Manager, IT Technician, IT Consultant, Systems Support, IT Helpdesk, 2nd LIne Support, 3rd Line Support, Education, Educational Sector, HyperV, Azure, etc.