Commercial Manager .
Vita Liquid Polymers Ltd. produces liquid Polymeric compounds of Aqueous and Plasticiser based products including coatings and solvated adhesives for a wide range of industries.
Position: Commercial Manager
Location: Wythenshawe, Manchester
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: depending on experience
Benefits: Car Allowance, Pension 4% - 7% matching contributions – this carries 4 x annual salary death in service life assurance, Private Healthcare
About the role:
VLP have a vacancy for a Commercial Manager based in Wythenshawe. Reporting to the Business Manager, the Commercial Manager will lead the sales and technical function with a focus on market development and driving increased sales / profitability. The Commercial Manager will be an integral part of the management team and will support the continual development and implementation of the organization’s strategy / vision and values.
- Monitoring and reporting performance of all commercial activities.
- Developing sales strategies and generating market analysis.
- Managing technical sales representatives and development technicians.
- Management of all VLP sales (~£15m) through a small technical sales team with individual responsibility for a specific market segment.
- Evaluating / implementing distribution agreements.
- Growing customer base (UK and Europe) / increasing sales and improving margins.
- Educated to degree level (ideally business management / marketing or chemistry).
- Ideally five or more years’ experience in a chemical / manufacturing business.
- Ideally five or more years’ experience managing a sales team.
- Organizing and managing distribution networks.
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills.
- Strong management and interpersonal skills.
- This position may require 50-75% travel, predominantly in the UK and Europe with some ROW travel.
You may have experience of the following: Commercial Manager, Business Manager, Operations Manager, Project Manager, Sales Manager, Retail Manager, Business Development Manager, etc.