Footwear Production Operative .
Position: Footwear Production Operative (Lasting)
Location: Cobbs Lane, Wollaston
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
About the role:
The Cobbs Lane Factory is the birthplace of the Dr. Martens Brand. Our Made In England collection is the pinnacle of the product range pyramid that has been at the forefront of innovation and quality in the Boot and Shoe Industry since 1960.
This role will have you performing vital operations in the factory as part of the production team. You will be skilled in manufacturing processes on a lasting line - our method includes back part moulding, side & toe lasting, welt sewing, heat sealing and trimming among other operations. A range of footwear production equipment is utilised to make large batches and individual and sample works. Your eye for detail will ensure our standards are met in our making area. This role will report directly to our Production Supervisor.
You will be a focused and target driven lasting operative who is prepared to be flexible and perform many of the steps required to achieve on time delivery and the highest standards of production in Dr. Martens boots and shoes.
You will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A passion for our product and the ability to operate a range of the machinery is required in making sure that you meet company standards
- Timely performance of production operations on bulk, prototype and sample production completed to specified quality standards
- The ability to adjust for different shapes and materials and perform the varied tasks to a consistent level
- A strong focus on safety in every aspect of factory work is essential with PPE with correct training and handling observed at all times
- A direct approach to addressing all quality issues, production errors and equipment problems. We’ll need you to recognise and refer to Factory Management any issues that occur so that resources are not wasted
- It goes without saying that everyone at Dr. Martens is a team. Everyone is expected to take on other duties as needed
You may have experience of the following: Footwear Production Operative, Production Operative, Footwear, Factory, Machinist, Sample Machinist, Clicker, Clicking, Injection Moulding, Injection Moulder, Production, Manufacturing, Operative, Shoeroom, Shoe Room, Lasting, Welt sewing, Welt sewer, Shoemaking, Shoe making, Bootmaker, Boot making, Cobbler, Back Part Moulder, Toe Laster, Laster, Heat Sealer, Spotter, Leather Inspector, Leather Grader, etc.