Cleaning Supervisor (Non-cleaning role) .
Nviro provide cleaning and hygiene services to education, local government, social housing and commercial organisations. We’ve been doing it for 25 years and quite literally have it down to a fine art. We clean 1.5 million m2 every single day across 750 sites across southern England with a team of 1,500 highly trained and innovative people.
Position: Non-Cleaning Site Supervisor
Location: Uckfield, East Sussex
Job type: Part Time, Permanent
Hours: 22.5 hours per week
Salary: £10 per hour
About the role:
To undertake occasional cleaning of various area as indicated by your line manager or when required due to short fall in staff and supervisory duties at the Site, to the complete satisfaction of Nviro.
- To ensure that all staff members sign in and out correctly as per the company procedures.
- To ensure that relevant attendance times are accurate to enable completion of timesheets to be provided to your line manager.
- To provide your line manager with a monthly stores order for chemicals.
- To inspect all areas of the premises daily, reporting to the client and Line Manager on work that is to be carried out, standards and the cleanliness of buildings, etc.
- To carry out weekly quality audits of the premises on a rota basis to ensure standards are meeting the required specification.
- To carry out regular Health and Safety Audits as programmed and scheduled by your line manager.
- To liaise with the contract representative, to ensure that work programmes effectively meet the client’s needs.
- To supervise cleaning operations, ensuring that the client specification / cleaning requirements are met and set contract resource levels are being adhered to.
- To work individually or as part of a team and supervise the cleaning of the premises, ensuring they are kept in a clean and hygienic condition. Duties will include the organisation and carrying out of tasks, such as cleaning, washing, sweeping, vacuum cleaning, emptying of litter bins, polishing and dusting designated areas (which may include toilets and associated facilities) and fixtures and fittings. Powered equipment will be used where appropriate.
- To carry out other routine maintenance operations, such as wall washing, carpet cleaning, re-sealing and dressing of floors.
- To lock and unlock the doors of the client’s premises, where necessary.
- To recruit, train (including induction) employees, to develop an efficient and effective team of cleaners, who are competent in the use of cleaning materials and equipment.
- To ensure all working practices comply with the requirements of the Health & Safety at Work etc. Act (1974).
- To ensure compliance with the company’s rules and procedures relating to the conduct of business.
- Responsible for: All cleaning operating at the site.
- The level of customer satisfaction, with respect to the cleaning services provided.
- The maintenance of the contract’s resources.
- Compliance with the cleaning specification and Company procedures.
- The results of site monitors.
- The satisfaction of the cleaners within the team.
- The level of individual’s response and performance to reasonable requests from Line Managers.
- BICS Qualifications are desirable.
- Practical experience in the contract cleaning industry, with experience of managing a team.
You may have experience of the following: Site Supervisor, Cleaning Supervisor, Junior Facilities Manager, Assistant Facilities Manager, Deputy Facilities Manager, Soft Services Manager, Cleaning Team Leader, Cleaning Manager, Hygiene Supervisor, Cleaning Coordinator, Cleaner, etc,