Senior Systems Administrator .
National Accident Helpline (NAH), the founding company of NAHL Group plc, has a new and exciting opportunity for a Lead IT Systems Administrator to join our team based in Kettering.
Position: Lead IT Systems Administrator
Location: Kettering, Northamptonshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
About the role:
Working with the IT Operations Manager and the wider IT team, the key purpose of the role is to ensure service delivery meets the expectations and agreed standards of the business. This will involve engaging both internal and external resources. In addition to business as usual activities, the Group IT function is embarking on a number of new initiatives and projects which will require implementation support.
- Manage Microsoft based networks across multiple sites, both on premise and Azure / O365.
- Lead service support activities including agreement, monitoring and reporting of SLAs.
- Ensure systems availability targets are met.
- Prioritising support tickets and allocating to appropriate resolver groups, both internal and external.
- Identify and recommend systems, platform and process improvements.
- Manage changes and upgrades across different systems and platforms.
- Create and contribute to run books and documentation to manage our systems.
- Listen to business requirements and identify technical solutions.
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal.
- Solid experience of the Windows Stack - Win10 / Server 2012.
- Solid experience with Microsoft server - AD admin - Group Policy in particular.
- Antivirus solutions e.g. McAfee and Sophos.
- Ability to interpret user requirements.
- Service desk management and reporting.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience of working with contact centre technologies and telephone systems – Avaya / Mitel.
- Use of Service Desk technologies - Jira.
- Experience with MDM solutions - MobileIron.
- Exposure to virtualisation technologies – VMware & HP storage.
- Knowledge of networking technologies – Cisco / Ruckus / Sonicwall.
- Exposure to AWS / Azure / O365.
- Exposure to MS Exchange and Proofpoint.
- Experience working with WSUS.
- Backup Technologies – Veeam & Azure backups.
- Analytical skills to support service desk activities & trend analysis.
You may have experience of the following: Lead IT Systems Administrator, IT Systems Administrator, Systems Administrator, Systems Analyst, Network Analyst, Network Administrator, IT Support, Technical Support, 1st Line Support, Helpdesk Analyst, etc.