Senior Merchandiser (Online Retail) .
Buy It Direct is one of the UKs fastest growing and largest independent online retailers with a turnover of over £200 million, employing over 450 staff across our sites. We have a number of well recognised, award winning online brands including: Laptops Direct, Appliances Direct and Furniture123. Additionally, we operate website solutions for a number of mainstream retailers.
Last year we were voted the 5th best online shop in the UK by Which? customers, beating many well-known brands. Our culture is dynamic and innovative with a can-do attitude, and managers are given a great deal of scope to innovate and implement their ideas.
Position: Senior Merchandiser
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 39.5 hours per week
Salary: Up to £55,000 per annum dependent on experience
About the role:
Due to the phenomenal growth within the Furniture 123 division we now have a brand new position for a Senior Merchandiser, to join the team based at our Huddersfield office.
You will take responsibility for the management of the departmental merchandising and planning strategy in line with the business unit strategy that will, deliver / exceed the budgeted current and future sales, margin and stock targets. Delivered using analysis of existing data and developing new ways of forward forecasting.
- In conjunction with the Buying / Commercia l / Merchandising Head Of Department’s you will agree Business unit targets (sales, profit, stock).
- Monitor BU and category performance against these agreed budgets weekly, monthly & quarterly, taking corrective action where necessary.
- Plan & conduct research and analysis (ROI) to support sourcing, product development (hurdle / npd) & stock management decisions (aged / cover / NOOS / repeats).
- Manage inventory process to maximise BU profitability by having ‘right stock, right place, right time’.
- Ensure the effective monitoring of performance against targets set with the BU team (Buyers / Traders), analysing variances from plan / yoy performance.
- Ensure accurate stock forecasting to maximise Warehouse / Logistics & Operational efficiencies.
- Also ensuring consistency with agreed BU Finance budgets (OTB).
- Timely approval of PO payments and the additional actions required.
- Manage, train and develop your Merchandise team.
- 5-7 years planning, merchandise & direct sourcing experience.
- Experience of working with an evolving and increasingly complex business.
- Capability to work autonomously and to work across BU, other teams and at all levels.
- Commercially focused with a Strategic edge.
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills.
- Proven ability to deliver results themselves & through others.
- Minimum of 3 years management experience up to Merchandiser level.
So what else do you get if you come work with us?
- We want to make sure you look after yourself, so a healthcare cash plan is in place to give you money back on all the basic including the opticians, dentist, physio, health screening, and much more.
- No city centre parking problems as all our sites we have free parking, which means you have no additional costs or parking issues.
- We all love a holiday so we make sure you’ve got your holidays with an incremental entitlement starting at 20 days, increasing to 25 days the longer than you’re here, and don’t forget you’ve got the bank holidays too.
- No-one likes to work on their birthday, so after one years’ service we also make sure you get this day off too (on top of normal holiday allowance) so you can go out and celebrate!
- Not happy with all that holiday, we also give you the opportunity to buy 5 additional days holiday after probation so you can really get that work life balance.
- If you show up to work and give us that commitment we want to make sure we reward you so will give you an additional days holiday per year for 100% attendance.
- I can’t imagine you wouldn’t want to buy something that we sell, so you will be able to take advantage of our amazing range of products with our staff discount scheme.
- And of course we’ve got all the usual bits and pieces including a company pension scheme, company sick pay after 2 years’ service, all other benefits to help ease your responsibilities.
Want to know more about the job, then let us let us know and you can come in for a chat. We look forward to hearing from you.
You may have experience of the following: Merchandiser, Merchandising, Merchandising Manager, Retail Analysis, Retail Analyst, Forecasting, Ecommerce, Trade, Retail, e-Commerce, etc.