Software Support Engineer (Installations) .
Here at Arena, we’re a great bunch of people! Over 95% of our staff are extremely happy to come to work every day! We’re also incredibly forward thinking when it comes to training and development, we’ll ensure from day one that you are given all the tools you need for your development – be it an excel course or skills relevant training.
Position: Software Installations Engineer
Location: Wakefield, WF3 3BQ
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, 9.00 - 17.30; Flexible rota between 8am and 6pm to provide support cover
Benefits: In return for your hard work we can offer a competitive salary, annual performance related bonus, company car, mobile and laptop. We also offer 22 Days Annual Leave (Rising to 27) plus Bank Holiday, Free Onsite Parking, Pension Scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, Annual Premier Conference (5* Weekend Abroad, Partners Included), Social Events, 2 CSR Days Annually, Training and Development Opportunities.
About the role:
Arena Group has an exciting new opportunity for a Software Installations Engineer to join us. Working in our Electronic Document Management team, you’ll be delivering and providing training on EDM & related software solutions and providing support for EDM & related software products including database maintenance.
- All aspects of delivering EDM & related software solutions to time, budget and quality. Including; Carrying out installs - ensuring software installs are carried out to time, budget and quality. While maintaining integrity of host environment.
- Project management and customer communication.
- Ensuring an effective transition to post-project system maintenance.
- Documentation and demonstrations.
- Training end users and providing support on EDM & related software solutions.
- Ensure software and database support incidents are responded to within SLAs (time, budget and quality).
- In-depth analysis and troubleshooting as well as root-cause analysis.
- Supporting pre-sales / professional services during.
- Quoting and designing core EDM product solutions.
- Ensure proposed deliverables match customer expectations.
- Technical problem solving, including working with customer IT providers to ensure appropriate platform provision.
- Developing add-on additional business from customer engagements.
- Identification and delivery of improvements to the software delivery and support processes.
- 2 years’ experience delivering / installing software solutions.
- Microsoft Qualifications, ideally with exposure to Microsoft server products and / or related IT / Computing qualifications.
- 1 years+ experience working with database systems (MS SQL Server).
- Proven logical skills, e.g. good Maths or Science grades.
- 2 years+ experience working on a Software Support desk.
- Exposure to Electronic Document Management.
- Passion for dealing with customers and resolving their issues.
- Project Management Certification such as PRINCE2.
- Able to describe technical detail in simple terms.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal across a variety of stakeholders.
- Friendly, positive attitude.
- Proven logical and analytical skills.
- Good team player, able to work effectively as part of the team and individually.
- Able to develop skills, and become a subject matter expert.
You may have experience of the following: Software Support Engineer, Developer, Helpdesk, Applications Support Analyst, Software Engineer, IT Support, .Net Developer, Technical Support, Software Tester, installations Engineer, Implementation etc.