Head of Commercial Finance .
Fitzalan Partners was established in 2011. Since then its network has completed the conveyancing for tens of thousands of home buyers and sellers.
We are online marketing specialists that generates conveyancing and RICS survey instructions direct from buyers and sellers in England and Wales through client facing websites
Position: Head of Commercial Finance
Location: London WC24
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £70,000 plus Bonus (15%)
Benefits: 25-28 DAYS Holiday plus public hols
About the role:
The purpose of this role is to help define the commercial direction of the division while ensuring that we continue to operate efficiently and profitably. The successful candidate will combine a high level of commercial ability with a strong financial background, and will help grow the business by identifying and delivering commercial opportunities and improving existing revenue streams.
- Lead commercial strategy and planning for the division and partner with marketing, sales and operations to deliver the company’s growth plans.
- Leverage internal and external data sources and relationships to identify and deliver commercial opportunities.
- Lead financial planning, process, and insight for the division.
- Manage the finance requirements day to day, supported by a finance team.
- Produce financial and management reports and accounts that accurately track and forecast performance.
- Report these through to Group / management in a timely manner to all deadlines.
- Ensure finance processes are accurate, controlled and timely.
- Ensure strict control of cash / banking including forecast cash position.
- Experience of working in a commercially-focused role within a developing business - ideally within a group or multi-divisional company.
- High level of commercial acumen, with experience of working with internal and external stakeholders to identify and deliver commercial opportunities.
- Experience of leading commercial projects from inception through to execution.
- A qualified accountant, ACA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent, with at least 5 years PQE.
- Experience of preparing balance sheet, income statements and cashflows to statutory accounts level.
- Experience of preparing variance analysis and commentary on the statements.
- Strong technical accounting background.
- Experience of M&A and post-acquisition integration would be beneficial, but not mandatory.
- Experience of the transactional and reporting elements of accounting systems.
- In depth knowledge of Excel, ideally with strong modelling skills.
- Time Management.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to inspire through our company vision.
- Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders, with a high level of personal credibility.
- Maximise the value and output of the team by developing individuals and leveraging their strengths.
- Internal passion and accountability for meeting targets and deadlines.
- Able to identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive recommendations.
You may have experience of the following: Finance Manager, Head of Finance, Accountant, Qualified Accountant, Financial Controller, Senior Finance Assistant, Senior Accounts Assistant, Management Accountant, Commercial Accountant, etc.