Contracts Manager (Construction) .
Excelsior Land is a family run business who is committed to the highest standards of construction and service. They build quickly and efficiently while still maintaining exceptional quality standards. Their quality is what differentiates them from the competition which is why their new Contracts Manager must also share these values.
They have been awarded a four-year framework contract to build affordable homes in Northampton, alongside building their own residential developments comprising in total up to 60 units per year. They are therefore looking for a Contracts Manager who will thrive on working in such a busy and exciting environment.
Position: Contracts Manager (Construction)
Location: Northampton with travel to other sites within 1 hour’s drive
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £48,000 to £58,000 per annum
About the role:
Excelsior Land is looking for a Contracts Manager to join their growing team, working closely with the Site Manger to ensure the successful delivery of newbuild projects from preliminaries to turnkey completion on time and to budget.
The successful candidate will be reporting directly to the owners of the business. They are looking for someone who has experience of traditional building methods and a good knowledge of contracts and newbuild warranty standards.
- Assist the Managing Director in all matters relating to the efficient completion of projects.
- Generate programmes to ensure smooth delivery of the schemes.
- Monitor performance of the construction programme to ensure targets are met and completions are on time.
- Progress chasing as required and provide dates through sales / build meetings to ensure legal completions are as forecast.
- Help plan and allocate appropriate resources as required by the site management team.
- Ability to maximise commercial opportunity and present risk / opportunity analysis.
- Provide innovative solutions to finishing projects efficiently Form close working relationships with the clients, scheme designers and subcontractors as well as colleagues within the team.
- Ensure all weekly and monthly reporting requirements are met by the site management teams and communicated to the Directors.
- Ensure any potential problems are identified at an early stage, early warnings issued, and plans initiated to mitigate risk, identify potential over spends as soon as they occur.
- High level of ability, advanced knowledge and competence in residential new build sector as this role will be busy from the start.
- Working knowledge of contracts.
- Experience of assisting pre-construction.
- Track record overseeing a range of projects across multiple sites.
- Proven ability, confident in dealing with complex issues.
- Strong client facing skills.
- High level of energy and effective leadership and teamwork.
- Holder of a Full UK Drivers Licence.
- Holds the relevant qualifications: HNC / HND or Degree (Construction related).
What is on offer:
- Company car or car allowance.
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- 20% performance related bonus.
- Pension scheme and auto-enrolment.
- Be part of an established, growing, entrepreneurial company.
- Excellent working environment with great company culture.
- Job security with a four-year framework agreement with a local council until 2023.
- Varied work with multiple sites.
- Reporting directly into the Directors.
You may have experience of the following: Contracts Manager, Construction, Tender, Tendering, Works Manager, Contract Management, Building, Business Development, Contract Manager, Project Management, Contracts Supervisor, Client Relationship, Stakeholder Management etc.