Shift Team Leader (Food Manufacturing) .
Established in the UK in 1992, Bowman Ingredients specialises in the production of coating systems for customers in the global food processing industry. Through our strong customer focus and dedication to product innovation, we have grown to become one of the UK’s leading food coatings companies and a major player worldwide.
We work with processing firms and food solutions suppliers to develop value-added products for retail and foodservice markets. We support many of the world’s leading food brands though our international network of manufacturing sites and commitment to new product development.
Position: Shift Leader
Location: Ickleford, Hitchin
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Rotating 8 hour shifts
About the role:
Working within the Bowman Ingredients Operations department duties will include developing an effective team which operates to specified procedures and standards. Communicate with planning and KP warehouse to ensure all customer orders are achieved and all materials required to make the orders are called back in a timely and appropriate manner. Facilitate a “can do” approach and ensure a strong team culture exists within the department and across all areas. You are expected to ensure the safe use and operation of all facilities and equipment by your staff and continually analyse and improve working methods by way of regular auditing and re-training.
- Responsible for maintaining health and safety standards, using available engineering and SHE resource where required.
- Ensure all safe systems of work, risk assessments and safe working practices are followed and weekly reviews conducted.
- Run plant from operating system.
- Apply lean manufacturing principals.
- Ensure the highest possible standards of hygiene are maintained at all times.
- Ensure the correct use of protective clothing and any other safety equipment.
- Responsible for effective hand over and communication between shifts.
- Assist in the selection process of all new recruits.
- Monitoring and planning holiday leave and overtime cover to ensure the efficient and cost effective running of the plant.
- Identifying training needs and organising accordingly with as little disruption to daily operations as possible; recording and maintaining accurate records of all training.
- Maintaining and continually improving agreed standards of quality and ensuring the implementation of quality assurance procedures.
- Ensures the accurate recording and reporting of KPI and OEE data on a daily basis.
- Carry out any reasonable request as requested by any member of management within the reasonable scope of the role.
- Experience of working within a food production supervisory role.
- Qualified to CMI Level 2 in Management or willing to attain.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, committed to the coaching culture of Bowman Ingredients.
- Able to lead a team and work within a team.
- Able to operate automated production system.
- Awareness of continuous improvement and able to demonstrate experience of implementing this.
- Must be able to show good knowledge of using Microsoft Office and Outlook Email.
- Able to deliver cost savings year on year to agreed targets.
- Able to lift bags of up to 25 kg.
- Experience of monitoring and recording Key Performance Indicators and OEE’s
- Experience of basic engineering skills to enable you to be responsible for the continual running of machinery.
- Experience of working to lean manufacturing principals.
- Has Licences for FLT and Powered Pallet Truck (PPT).
- Able to work well with people of all levels within the organisation
- Undertakes additional role or duties such as H&S Rep., First Aider, Fire Marshall, Racking Inspector, Lean / Continuous Improvement Rep., Employee Forum Rep.
You may have experience of the following: Team Leader, Supply Chain Team Leader, Logistics Supervisor, Supply Chain Supervisor, Operations Supervisor, Shift Supervisor, Manufacturing Team Leader, Production Team Leader, Shift Manager, etc.