Business Development Executive .
PIB is a growing group of insurance advisory businesses. The business is growing rapidly through acquisitions and by employing outstanding individuals with a wealth of knowledge and experience across the insurance market.
Position: Development Executive
Location: Croydon, Surrey
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
About the role:
Morton Michel are now recruiting for a Development Executive. They are looking for an individual to lead and develop new business opportunities for corporate prospects within the demographic of our childcare scheme appetite, with a particular focus on securing opportunities with Nursery chains.
The Individual will also look to lead and facilitate relationships with key strategic partners, enabling Morton Michel to improve our reach and engagement with past and present partnerships and to develop important new relationships where identified.
- Generate New Business enquiries to grow and strengthen the Corporate account.
- Dealing promptly with new business enquiries and applications by phone, internet, email from brokers or clients direct, following up on Quotes and Indications given.
- Occasional attendance at workshops and forums etc. e.g. the Westminster forums and the Nurseryworld business summit as well as attendance at childcare industry seminars Feedback your knowledge of the wider childcare world to the MD, Research Analyst and Marketing team at regular meetings and 1-2-1s and act swiftly to highlight any urgent new information that requires action. Draw MD’s attention to any new or important developments in the Childcare world.
- Meet regularly with the Head of Commercial to advise on current issues and to receive information and instructions.
- Ensure that checking of all documentation is completed on a daily basis in accordance with company procedures.
- Suggest and evaluate opportunities for further expansion of the schemes accounts. Be aware of new childcare legislation and competitors’ products and suggest changes / improvements as appropriate.
- Ensure documentation complies with Contract Certainty requirements. To ensure compliance with processes and procedures as laid down by Morton Michel. Carry out other ad hoc duties as may reasonably be required.
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent, or attainment of CII.
- A strategic thinker with aptitude for fostering positive relationships. Strong work flow management skills.
- A broad and sound knowledge in the market and in all classes of retail / commercial insurance.
- Excellent communication skills. Strong negotiation and influencing skills. Forward planning (ability to anticipate future outcomes).
- Able to quickly identify potential problems and seek advice when required. Able to quickly grasp and interpret salient information. Ability to build and maintain close relationships with clients and associations.
- At least 5 years’ experience of selling and of SME Insurance products and services. Demonstrated ability to meet and / or exceed determined sales and activity quotas.
- Excellent client service skills. Analytical and numeracy skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proficient in MS Office products (Excel, Word, MS Outlook).
You may have experience of the following: Business Development Executive, Account Manager, Account Management, Business Development, Business Development Manager, Client Account Manager, Key Account Manager, New Business Development Manager, Internal Account Manager, New Business Development, B2B, Sales Executive,