Therapeutic Residential Support Worker (Young people) .
Position: Therapeutic Residential Support Worker
Location: Reading & Bracknell
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 150 hours per month - shift patterns are typically 3pm to 11pm during term or 10am to 11pm (plus sleep-in shifts)
Salary: £19,500 to £25800 pa (OTE including Sleep in's) - based on experience and qualifications
Benefits: Training and CPD opportunities, enhanced disclosure cost coverage, a generous annual leave entitlement, cycle to work scheme, Nest Pension option, childcare vouchers and online Perkbox employee benefits.
About the role:
Swaay are looking for staff to provide therapeutic residential care with the following responsibilities:
• Meeting the emotional, physical and developmental needs of the children and young people
• Promoting positive experiences and progress for children and young people
• Protecting the welfare of children and young people
• Enabling the children and young people to build resilience
• Enabling children and young people to reduce risk of perpetrating further sexual harm and develop social and emotional skills
• Promoting life skills with the children and young people
• Acting as a Key Worker for a named child
• Working to a shift pattern including weekends and sleeping in duties
We are looking for Therapeutic Residential Support Worker who will be providing excellent standards of individualised care.
Successful applicants will display a positive and resilient attitude. They will act as a role model to the children and young people and will uphold clear and consistent boundaries. They will display empathy, creativity and a sense of fun; and will have good written and verbal communication skills. Following successful completion of the 3 month probation period, all Therapeutic Residential Support Workers who do not already hold the Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare (England) will be required to undertake this qualification.
We offer excellent induction for staff and ongoing training opportunities in attachment informed approaches (Dyadic Developmental Practice) and the Diploma 3 for the Children and Young People’s Workforce. We provide benefits including 28 days holiday, enhanced disclosure and update service cost coverage, enhanced paternity & maternity benefits, company pension scheme (NEST), childcare vouchers, cycle to work, employee assistance programme, death in service benefit and online employee benefits.
We welcome applicants with experience of working with children and/or young people in any capacity. This may include in voluntary positions; as a foster carer; within residential settings; within education; in mental health/ therapy; or other health settings.
Swaay is committed to safeguarding children. This position is subject to an enhanced DBS clearance, satisfactory references and a health check