Project Coordinator (Employer Support) .
Acis provide homes for people who need them and services to help our customers lead better lives.
We own and manage more than 7,000 properties across the East Midlands and Yorkshire and the Humber, helping thousands of people in our communities every single day.
Position: Employer Support Lead (YES)
Location: Gainsborough, Lincolnshire
Job type: Full Time, Fixed Term Contract until May 2023
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £26,000 to £28,000 per annum
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 days (1 per full year of service) after five years, plus public holidays, Company pension matched up to 8% Flexible working, Cash allowance for essential car users
Closing date for applications: 23rd June, 2019
About the role:
The Youth and Employer Support (YES) programme is a new four-year initiative funded by the National Lottery Community Fund. It’s delivered in partnership with West Lindsey Voluntary Centre Services to provide free employability and lifestyle support for young people aged 16 -30 years to help them into work, alongside support for local employers to ensure they support young people in work with them to succeed.
Your role is all about finding employers, selling the benefits of recruiting young people and supporting them to be successful in it! You can make a world of difference to these young peoples lives, helping them get the best support to make a great start in the world of employment.
- Engaging employers through attendance at business network events and conferences, championing the benefits of recruiting young people.
- Developing strong relationships with employers across the West Lindsey area.
- Working with local employers to help them better understand and support their young employees, enabling employers to recognise and adapt to the needs of young people as required.
- Managing a caseload of employers to ensure they deliver for the young people they employ. Practically, this may include working with local employers to tailor their induction process, review policies, establish mentoring and coaching support and so on.
- Working with employers to create new work experience and employment opportunities for young people across all sectors.
- Delivering appropriate advice, guidance and support to employers on employment, training and work experience.
- Producing reports and evidence to demonstrate activity.
- Promoting the YES programme as part of raising awareness and attracting employers to get involved.
- Proven ability at developing great working relationships with employers.
- Evidence of working in a similar role, within a target-driven environment.
- A good understanding of Human Resources and Health and Safety (particularly recruitment and retention), alongside a wider commercial acumen to justify the return on investment.
- A working knowledge of how volunteering, work experience and placements can enhance the skills and opportunities for young people.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- You are likely to have had experience of the training and employability sector, with specialist knowledge of working with young people on government funded programmes a real bonus!
- A business, management or IAG qualification would be great, sector or industry qualifications would be an added bonus in addition to significant equivalent experience.
- Project management or people management experience.
- Training and development knowledge and skills aren’t essential but are advantageous.
- An understanding of apprenticeships would be fantastic!
- Experience in managing Health and Safety, as safety vetting of work environments will be a must for this role.
- You may have worked on government or charitable funded projects before so know the ropes for gathering evidence and monitoring your performance.
We may close this vacancy earlier than the stated closing date if the volume of applicants is high.
You may have experience of the following: Programme Manager, Project Manager, Project Coordinator, Project Assistant, Project Support, Project Officer, Project Administrator, Administrator, Support Coordinator, Admin Assistant, Office Assistant, Office Administrator, Employment Coordinator, Employment Advisor, Careers Advisor, Recruiter, Recruitment Advisor, Account Manager etc.