Landscape Architect (Graduate) .
Wardell Armstrong is a successful award-winning multi-disciplinary consultancy with 12 offices throughout the UK employing approximately 500 staff including a team of 20 landscape architects. At the heart of our business lies a group of outstanding people delivering client-focused solutions to challenging problems across a range of sectors and we are always looking for creative and enthusiastic individuals to join our firm. Wardell Armstrong is a Landscape Institute Registered Practice and a member of the IEMA benchmark scheme for EIA.
Position: Graduate Landscape Architect
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne (located within 5 minutes’ walk of Central Station and close to all the city centre amenities, not to mention the wider attractions of the North East)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date for applications: 28th June, 2019
About the role:
We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic graduate Landscape Architecture (0 – 2 years’ experience) to join our friendly landscape team in Newcastle upon Tyne to help deliver a wide range of landscape planning, assessment and design projects across various sectors but with a focus on Residential and Commercial development, Minerals and Waste, Energy and Infrastructure, and Health and Education. Project work ranges from LVIA through masterplanning, to hard and soft landscape design. As part of a multi-disciplinary firm, there will also be opportunities to collaborate on projects with a range of specialists from within our environment and engineering teams.
- Working with the Newcastle upon Tyne team on the delivery of all types of project work.
- Carrying out fieldwork and report writing for LVIA with guidance.
- Preparing designs for a range of projects as part of the team.
- Attending site visits and project meetings with support.
- Taking ownership of your assigned work to meet deadlines and client expectations.
- Delivering a high standard of work.
- An appropriate degree in Landscape Architecture.
- An interest in landscape planning and assessment.
- A creative, problem-solving approach to design.
- Ability to use AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite to a high standard.
- Ability to use other software packages (e.g. Sketch up, Revit) would be beneficial.
- A high standard of written English and excellent presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal, communication and time management skills.
- A driving license (or be willing to work towards gaining a license).
- A willingness to learn which may include attending local Landscape Institute events.
- A willingness to enrolling on the Institute’s Pathway to Chartership scheme.
- Support from highly experienced chartered landscape architects so you can achieve chartership status.
- In-house training in technical areas.
- Membership of the Firm's Group Personal Pension Plan, with Employer's contribution of up to 5%.
- Payment of relevant professional subscriptions.
- 24 days annual leave per year.
- Membership to the Firm's Private Health Care Scheme.
- Inclusion in the Firm's Permanent Health Insurance Policy.
- Inclusion in the Firm's Life Assurance Policy given as 3 times annual salary.
- Mobile Phone with inclusive tariff including personal usage.
- Flexi-Time Working Schedule.
- Long service awards.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Travel Loans.
- Recruitment Bounty Scheme.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
You may have experience of the following: Landscaper Architect, Landscaper, Landscape Gardener, Gardener, Landscaping, Landscape Architecture, LVIA, Landscape Design, Graduate, Graduate Landscaper, etc.