Health, Safety and Environmental Adviser .
Unipart Dorman is a leading UK manufacturer of LED solutions for rail and traffic signalling and hazard warning lights and its name is recognised globally for quality and innovation. The organisation is part of Unipart Rail who provide the most comprehensive portfolio of products, services and solutions available for the rail industry, using its deep expertise in continuous improvement processes to support its customers in the development of the railway system.
Position: Health, Safety and Environmental Adviser
Location: Southport, Merseyside
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 39 hours per week
Salary: Up to £33,500 per annum
Benefits: Competitive salary, Pension, 25 Days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
About the role:
Delivering the policies, procedures and training to enable the business to be legally compliant for and to operate in accordance with the Unipart Group values and requirements and maintain the Health, Safety and Environment Management Systems for Unipart Dorman.
To promote and embed a Safety first culture for Unipart Dorman.
- To implement and maintain a Health, Safety and Environmental management plan supported by key performance indicators, providing reports and data as required.
- To maintain an up-to-date awareness of Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation and Industry Standards and ensure requirements are addressed in the implementation of Management Systems.
- To encourage employee involvement in Health, Safety and Environmental issues.
- To develop a behavioural safety programme for the Business.
- To support managers in Health and Safety Risk Assessments / COSHH Assessments to ensure that legislative standards are met or exceeded.
- To liaise with regulatory bodies with regard to Health and Safety and Environmental standards and to host external audits undertaken by customers and other external bodies.
- To liaise with and attend group Health, Safety and Environmental meetings to contribute to the formulation of Company policy.
- To audit and report on internal Health, Safety and Environmental management arrangements and progress the effective closure of any actions required.
- To participate in Health, Safety and Environmental training for established staff and provide induction training for all new entrants including agency staff.
- To collate monthly health and safety stats and produce divisional H&S reports.
- NEBOSH qualified and up to date knowledge of Health and Safety legislation.
- Previous experience working in a Health and Safety role within a factory / manufacturing environment.
- Excellent written and spoken communication and ability to deliver training / present to groups of individuals.
- Able to work unsupervised, demonstrate a flexible approach to work and have good attention to detail.
- Ability to build strong relationships and influence and gain co-operation at all levels within the organisation, both internal and external.
- Applicants should be computer literate and familiar with standard MS Office applications (MS Word, Excel).
As a valued employee of Unipart Rail, you can look forward to a varied and rewarding career with a company that holds the Investors in People accreditation and also world class status in employee engagement.
You may have experience of the following: Health and Safety Advisor, Health and Safety Officer, Health and Safety Manager, HSE Advisor, HSE Officer, EHSE, IOSH, NEBOSH, H&S Advisor, H&S Officer, Health & Safety Consultant, H&S Consultant, QHSE, Quality, Environmental, RoHS, REACH, EH&S Officer, Environment Health and Safety Officer, Risk Assessment, Manufacturing, etc.