Service Manager (Cleaning Contracts) .
Nviro provide cleaning and hygiene services to education, local government, social housing and commercial organisations. We’ve been doing it for 25 years and quite literally have it down to a fine art. We clean 1.5 million m2 every single day across 750 sites across southern England with a team of 1,500 highly trained and innovative people.
Position: Service Manager
Location: London – W1B
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: £39,500 per annum
About the role:
Nviro are seeking to appoint a Service Manager to manage, motivate and train staff to ensure competency of tasks and adherence to company and legislative policy and procedures, as well as build effective working partnerships with Clients.
The Service Manager will manage and develop contracts, adhering to timescales and negotiating costs to increase profit margins.
- Manage, develop and coach an effective and motivated team of Area Supervisors, Mobile Supervisors and cleaning supervisors and operatives to ensure they have the tools, training and ability to complete their tasks.
- Work collaboratively with the Regional Director and the Commercial team to provide operatives with up to date, maintained cleaning equipment.
- Collaborate with the Human Resources department to investigate all grievance and disciplinary issues and institute further action if required.
- Ensure that sites are suitably staffed at all times through effective recruitment and workforce planning.
- Ensure profit and loss targets for each area are delivered through the control of all budgets including wage to charge, materials, and maintenance of equipment.
- Build strong working relationships with our customers to ensure customer satisfaction and contract retention is maximised.
- Ensure service requirements are adhered to, including the quality of standards produced, company and legislative requirements for Health and Safety, environmental issues and general duty of care.
- Sound experience in a management role, preferably in a contract cleaning environment.
- BICSc or relevant cleaning qualification.
- Experience in managing and developing people, and motivating others to achieve.
- An understanding of health and safety requirements.
- An understanding of HR processes including recruitment and selection processes, disciplinary and grievance procedures, and TUPE requirements.
- Commercial acumen.
- Good organisational skills.
- Confidence in decision-making and assertiveness.
- The ability to communicate, in English, clearly and concisely.
- Excellent diplomacy skills.
- Passionate about providing safe, clean and hygienic environments.
- A strong team player and leader.
- The ability to build strong working relationships with customers and colleagues.
You may have experience of the following: Service Manager, Service Delivery Manager, Cleaning Manager, Supervisor, Cleaning Supervisor, Health and Safety, Assistant Service Manager, Assistant Cleaning Manager, Area Supervisor, Customer Service, Contracts Manager, Hygiene, Waste etc.