Deputy Facilities Manager (Cleaning Contracts) .
Nviro provide cleaning and hygiene services to education, local government, social housing and commercial organisations. We’ve been doing it for 25 years and quite literally have it down to a fine art. We clean 1.5 million m2 every single day across 750 sites across southern England with a team of 1,500 highly trained and innovative people.
Position: Deputy Contract Manager
Location: Docklands – E16 2RD and Stratford E15 4LZ
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: £25,000 per annum
About the role:
The position of Deputy Contract Manager is to support the Service / Contract Manager with the cleaning operation within their area of responsibility. The post holder is responsible for motivating and training the cleaning operatives in order to meet the business objectives. The post holder will implement, monitor and control cleaning operations to ensure that Client and Company requirements are achieved.
- Organise and supervise cleaning operatives / janitors / litter pickers, to ensure working practices are efficient and effective.
- Develop and maintain a good standard of employee relations and motivate employees to ensure a high level of morale.
- Carry out agreed monitoring to support the Service / Contract Manager in order to achieve set targets by completing an agreed number of quality audits in line with Company procedures, taking the necessary corrective action to rectify any shortfalls identified.
- Receive, record and inform your Line Manager of any complaints in a timely and well received manner.
- Recruit, induct, train and develop employees, developing an efficient and effective workforce that is competent in the use of cleaning agents and machinery.
- Ensure employees are aware of what is expected of them, in terms of workloads, standards and their relationship with Client / Contractor.
- Collate and assist Service / Contract Managers with the completion of timesheets.
- Report any grievance and disciplinary issues to your line manager and / or HR, as necessary, in line with the Company procedures.
- Carry out any investigations for disciplinary / accidents as required by Regional Director To thoroughly investigate all grievance and disciplinary issues in line with Company procedures with the ability to institute further action if required in line with company procedures as directed by the Regional Director.
- Deal with and action all day-to-day telephone calls, enquiries, messages.
- Ensure all working practices comply with the requirements of the Company’s Health and Safety practices.
- Carry out specialist cleaning operations, such as floor maintenance and carpet shampooing so as to be able train cleaning operatives to complete the necessary tasks.
- A sound educational background is required.
- Suitable and relevant qualifications to the industry would be advantageous.
- Practical experience in the cleaning industry or a similar manpower intensive industry.
- Supervisory experience is essential.
You may have experience of the following: Deputy Contracts Manager, Facilities Management, Hygiene, Cleaning Manager, Health and Safety, Supervisor, Contracts Manager, Cleaning, Customer Service, Soft Services etc.