Nviro offers a stimulating and friendly working environment where no day is the same, with a chance to be part of a collaborative, family-spirited and growing business, where you will be able to develop your skills even further.
Location: Uckfield, East Sussex (Commutable from Lewes, Haywards Heath, Crowborough & surrounding areas)
Job type: Part Time, Permanent
Hours: 5 hours per day, 4.00pm to 9.00pm
Salary: £9 per hour
About the role:
Our cleaning operatives play an integral part in consistently providing safe, clean and hygienic environments in which our customers can thrive.
As a Cleaning Operative you will receive a full induction, on the job training, specialist skills training and career development, along with the latest innovative cleaning equipment in the industry.
You will undertake cleaning duties as directed by the line manager to the complete satisfaction of the customer and Nviro.
- To undertake either individually or as part of a team, the cleaning of premises and ensure they are kept in a clean and hygienic condition, in accordance with the site specification.
- To carry out duties in compliance with the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act (1974) and Nviro’s Health and Safety Policy.
- To follow company procedures for the completion of signing in sheets, ordering of monthly stores and the provision of documentation, where applicable.
- Duties will vary dependent on the site specification but must include: emptying of litter bins, dusting / polishing of furniture and fitments, damp wiping fixtures and fittings including sanitary ware, vacuum cleaning, damp mopping and using a variety of electrical cleaning equipment.
- Duties may also include other periodic tasks e.g., wall washing, carpet cleaning, resurfacing of floors, washing furniture and internal window cleaning.
- An understanding of cleaning methods.
- Experience of working in a cleaning environment is preferred, but full training will be given.
- BICSc qualification or equivalent would be a benefit.
- An understanding of health and safety practices.
- The ability to communicate, in English, clearly and concisely.
- A passion for providing an excellent customer service.
- A strong team player.
- Proactive about own learning and development.
You may have experience of the following: Cleaner, Cleaning Operative, Cleaning Assistant, Equipment Cleaner, Equipment Cleaning, Commercial Cleaner, Housekeeping Assistant, Housekeeper, Hospitality Assistant, etc.