Project Officer (Property Development / Regeneration) .
South Oxfordshire District Council and Vale of White Horse District Council are forward thinking local authorities, based in one of the most attractive areas of the country. They are looking for a professional, competent and enthusiastic person who is able to communicate well at all levels. An excellent benefits package is on offer including annualised hours (flexible working) and a career average pension scheme. They have modern open plan offices and smart working practices and the technology to support mobile working.
Our vision and values are important to the councils and we expect you to support them and embed them in the way we work. We are seen as being customer-focussed, approachable and business-like. We are honest and open and are renowned for providing high quality cost effective services.
Position: Development Projects Officer
Location: Abingdon (Didcot), Oxfordshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £24,705 per annum
Benefits: A basic 24 days annual leave per annum, rising to 29 days after five years. You also have all the bank holidays to look forward to and time off between Christmas and New Year. Flexible working and annualised hours – a flexible approach to work that our employees love! Salary pay awards – most jobs give scope for a pay increase after six months or the following April (depending on your start date) and we also review salaries each April. A generous career average pension scheme which includes life insurance of three times your salary. No car park costs as there’s ample free parking. Various schemes to keep you healthy (reduced gym membership, free swims, contributory medical schemes, wellbeing appointments, free eye tests for DSE users, after work sports clubs and more).
About the role:
This is a chance to join our infrastructure and development team at an exciting time. The councils have strong growth agendas to create homes, jobs and improved spaces within our districts. Working with residents and other stakeholders to deliver sustainable communities is key to achieving our aims and goals and you’ll be part of a busy team helping to ensure delivery of high quality development projects and comprehensive regeneration.
You will be helping to drive delivery of development projects, working with the Development Projects team, colleagues in other services and external partners. You will be an enthusiastic team player with excellent spoken and written communications skills and practical experience of a range of IT software to enable you to collate, analyse and present data and mapping.
You will have at least one year’s experience and knowledge of property development, regeneration projects and / or working with communities. If that sounds like you then this is the job for you. Your role, within a multi-disciplinary service, will focus on helping to maintain project plans and working in accordance with the council’s policies and procedures. You will be helping to maintain and monitor effectiveness of regeneration project plans and developing an interface with the team’s customers, for example to support public consultation events. Your involvement with project delivery across two districts will offer wide ranging opportunities for personal development should you wish to pursue a professional career path.
- Educated to at least A-level standard or equivalent and membership of a relevant professional institution.
- Excellent time management skills.
- At least one year’s experience and knowledge of property development and / or regeneration projects and / or working with communities.
- Essential personal qualities include excellent communication skills (spoken, written and use of a range of IT software) and skills for persuading influencing, conciliating, advocating and negotiating.
- Knowledge of the frameworks within which development is delivered, such as regeneration, housing and economic development is desirable.
- Detailed and up to date knowledge about high quality place making and sustainable communities’ issues is desirable.
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary local authority and / or consultancy teams is desirable.
- Full vehicle licence holder and use of a vehicle for business purposes.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required by the demands of the post.
You may have experience of the following: Project Management Officer, Local Government, Housing Regeneration, Policy Officer, Project Co-ordinator, Property Developer, Urban Regeneration, Junior Project Manager, PMO, Project Coordinator, Regeneration and Development, Property Development, Project Management, Town Centre Regeneration, etc.