Purchasing Manager .
Arena Group specialises in hard copy and electronic document management. We provide the hardware, software, service and expertise that enables organisations to cut costs, improve efficiencies and become greener. In terms of size and scope, with around 205 staff, working within the North of England and Wales across 7 regional offices.
Position: Purchasing Manager
Location: Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 08:30 to 17:00 hours per week
Benefits: 22 Days Annual Leave (Rising to 27) plus Bank Holidays, Bonus, Free Onsite Parking, Pension Scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, Annual Premier Conference (5* Weekend Abroad, Partners Included), Social Events, 2 CSR Days Annually, Training and Development Opportunities.
About the role:
An exciting opportunity for a Purchasing / Procurement professional to consolidate a number of our business functions into one integrated Purchasing role. We are open-minded to the specifics of the role; the successful candidate will be expected to create a ‘blueprint’ for purchasing within the business.
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies and procedures
- Identify, analyse and negotiate all cost-saving opportunities with current and new suppliers
- Prepare bid awards for board approval
- Facilities management and purchasing of: office supplies, IT equipment, HR systems and business systems, advertising, travel and events, insurance contracts, facilities services (cleaning, gardening, building maintenance, telecoms and internet, electric and gas).
- Build relationships to secure best value
- Fleet management, which is currently managed in-house and for reviewing the entire fleet acquisition policy.
In addition, you will be responsible for general fleet management duties such as ensuring value for money and performance of the contract with the fleet provider as well as ensuring employees comply with the fleet policy at all times, notifying any breaches of the policy to the compliance manager / HR, as appropriate. Additional duties also include fleet administration (e.g. on-boarding new drivers to the system, initiating regular license checks, mileage administration, dealing with any accidents and liaising with the insurance company).
- Procurement professional, demonstrated by CIPS qualification or working towards.
- Experience of identifying, analysing and negotiating cost-saving opportunities with regards to business supplies and services.
- Ability to negotiate contracts.
- Experience of working to a budget.
- Strong relationship-building skills.
- Attention to detail.
- IT Literate, ideally with ability to work on MS Excel.
- Takes initiative and responsibility, makes things happen, commercial decision-making ability.
- Negotiation, influencing and dispute resolution skills.
- Thinks outside the box, creative thinker.
- Lives by our values, personable, confident, outgoing, friendly and positive.
- Good time-management capability with organisation skills.
- Lives by the values, personable, confident, friendly and positive.
- Experience of managing fleet and facilities.
- Experience of creating a budget.
- Project-management experience.
- Degree-educated, ideally in a related field.
You may have experience of the following: Head of Fleet, Fleet Manager, Fleet Operations Manager, Fuel Management, Accident Management, Supplier Management, Supply Chain Manager, Procurement Manager, Fleet Procurement Manager, Vehicle Manufacturers, Contract Management, Operations Manager, Transport Manager, Purchasing Manager, etc.