Health & Safety Advisor .
Do you thrive on collaborating with your stakeholders to ensure health & safety is applied effectively in the workplace? Are you looking for your next challenge? If so, you might be interested in our part-time Health & Safety Advisor role based in Amesbury.
Animal Friends has grown to become not only an award-winning business but one of the largest pet insurance providers in the UK. Currently in our 20th year, we look after over 900,000 pets and offer cover for cats, dogs and horses. Animal welfare is important to us, we donate and support over 300 charities across the UK and worldwide, to date, we have donated over £4 million.
Position: Health & Safety Advisor
Location: Amesbury, Wiltshire
Job type: Part Time, Permanent
Hours: 22.5 hours per week, flexible working pattern
Benefits: A competitive annual salary with excellent benefits including 23 holiday days (plus your birthday off), private medical insurance and gym and pet insurance discounts
Closing date for applications: 6th July, 2019
About the role:
What you`ll get up to as Health & Safety Advisor
To give you an idea what to expect, you`ll be:
- Providing an effective service across our sites in Amesbury and Swindon.
- Identifying, assessing and controlling all risks to ensure high standards of safety are met.
- Assisting management in the investigation of any workplace accidents / incidents.
- Overseeing weekly fire alarm tests and annual evacuation drills.
- Identifying training needs and delivering internal training.
- Implementing and reviewing the annual safety plan.
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Current IOSH qualification and / or Tech / Grad membership.
- Good knowledge of the Health & Safety at Work Act and Regulations.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, able to explain health and safety processes to a range of people.
- The ability to influence colleagues of the need to implement and maintain safety standards.
- Ability to travel between our two sites in Amesbury and Swindon.
Benefits of working with Animal Friends:
We recognise that your hard work shouldn`t come without its perks, so here`s a little list of some of the things you can expect to get from us:
- 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays and we give you your birthday off.
- 95% of our employee’s own pets, we’re able to provide up to 25% off insurance.
- We believe looking after employees’ health is important, so we offer private medical insurance and contribute up to 50% of your gym membership.
- We like to celebrate success and recognise excellent employee performance; we will donate £3k to the charity of our employee of the quarter’s choice.
- Most importantly, you`ll be working within a fun, passionate and vibrant team.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled rather than the advertised closing date. Interviews will take place throughout this period; therefore, we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Animal Friends Pet Insurance Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions and sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
You may have experience of the following: SHE Advisor, Health and Safety Advisor, H&S Officer, H&S Advisor, Health and Safety Advisor, NEBOSH, IOSH, Risk Assessment, Health & Safety Consultant, SHEQ Advisor, etc.