Secretary (Construction) .
calfordseaden is a leading multi-discipline construction and property consultancy. We provide a definitive range of services to the UK building and construction industry covering chartered building & quantity surveying, project management, architecture & master planning, civil & structural engineering, mechanical & electrical engineering, sustainability and health & safety.
Location: London (close to London Bridge)
Job type: Part Time, 9 Months Temporary Contract Maternity Leave
Hours: 28 hours per week, 4 days per week, Mon - Thu
About the role:
You will be working within a busy group of Secretaries and Commercial Building Surveyors close to London Bridge Station
Responsibilities will include:
- Word processing from audio e.g. letters using mail merge, memos, specifications, reports, minutes, contract instructions, final accounts, schedules, employer’s requirements and other documents.
- Excel Spreadsheets and multiplication of data.
- Copy typing.
- Transmission of emails.
- Answering the telephone, dealing with queries / taking / relaying messages.
- Planning and maintaining group appointments / schedules.
- Assist with administration tasks arising.
- Any other reasonable duties that may be relevant to this post.
- Experience of working with Building Surveyors in the construction industry.
- Minimum of 60wpm typing speed.
- Extensive experience of Audiotyping.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good command of English (spoken and written).
- Mature and professional attitude.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Enthusiastic, Innovative, Organised.
Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006: List of Documents
The Practice is required under this Act to ensure that all Employees have the right to work in the UK and the right to do the work offered. At interview all potential Employees must provide one of the original documents set out in List 1 or two of the original documents in the combinations given in List 2 (as attached to the application form). It is not necessary to produce documents from both lists. Photocopies of documents provided will be retained on the successful applicant's file.
This job description will be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and may include other duties and responsibilities as may be determined. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works.
The appointment is subject to proof of the attainment of any qualifications deemed essential to the post and used as a basis for shortlisting and selection. Failure to provide evidence of the required qualifications will result in the offer of employment being withdrawn.
calfordseaden are an Equal Opportunities Employer and are committed to and support the principles of equality of opportunity in employment, training and service delivery.
You may have experience of the following: Office Administrator, Admin Assistant, Office Admin, Administrator, Administrative Assistant, Office Assistant, Team Administrator, Team Support, Secretary, PA, Personal Assistant, Construction, Team Secretary, etc.