Administrator (Scheduling / Planning) .
We provide homes for people who need them and services to help our customers lead better lives.
We own and manage more than 7,000 properties across the East Midlands and Yorkshire and the Humber, helping thousands of people in our communities every single day.
This includes homes for affordable rent, homes for students and homes for older people. We even develop new homes to help people get on the property ladder.
And we have a distinct way of doing all this. Everything we do is for our customers. We think positively, we try to say ‘yes’ more often, we work collaboratively, we try to overcome any barriers placed in our way, we encourage innovation and, in simple terms, get things done. This is called The Acis Way.
Position: Scheduling Administrator
Location: Gainsborough, Lincolnshire
Job type: Full Time, 10 months Fixed Term Contract Maternity Cover
Hours: 37 hours per week, 7am and 7pm Monday - Friday. Most people are here from 8:30am to 5pm (4:30pm on a Friday), flexible
Salary: £20,400 per annum
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 days (1 per full year of service) after five years, plus public holidays, Company pension matched up to 8% Flexible working, Cash allowance for essential car users
Closing date for applications: 16th June, 2019
About the role:
Your role is all about being customer focused, ensuring all reported repairs are appointed in a timely and appropriate manner, being a team player and following the Acis principles. The more you put in, the more you get out.
- Delivering a fit for purpose scheduling process, ensuring that customer and business needs are met and the people resource is used efficiently.
- Providing assistance and support to stakeholders.
- Ensure jobs are allocated and deployed via the scheduling system in an efficient manner.
- Ensuring all policies, processes and legislative requirements are followed.
- Be responsible for workload planning using automated and manual systems.
- Administration of previously completed works, including entering data into systems.
- Responding to multi-channel enquiries, using job notes and logging actions into the job management system.
- Make changes to engineer diaries to reflect alteration in needs and availabilities.
- Taking ownership when prioritising work, taking into account business and customer needs that may fall outside of the normal workflow.
- Using your own judgement when dealing with personal and confidential information.
- Taking responsibility for resolving customer queries and updating relevant systems vis the customer relationship manager system or over the phone.
- Ensuring cyclical servicing works are carried out within strict protocols.
- Communicating effectively with the rest of the team.
- Ensuring engineers are made aware of any parts or equipment they may need to carry out their tasks.
- Communicating with customers to keep them updated.
- Liaising with contractors including asking for quotes, allocating work and passing all appropriate information.
- Raising purchase orders for engineers and contractors.
- The ability to understand and implement a successful process of methodical working (experience in scheduling / Planning advantageous).
- Experience of using various Microsoft programmes, particularly Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all work streams using a variety of communication methods.
- Be able to work as part of a team or on your own to achieve the required outcome.
- Logical thinking.
- Must be able to work in a pressured and fast paced environment and prioritise effectively.
- Proactive forward thinking approach.
- Resilience. Working in social housing is a challenging but rewarding career, you’ll be helping to bring real change to our customer’s lives.
- Use of Orchard and Kirona DRS scheduling systems.
- Experience of dealing with customers either face to face or over the phone.
- Ability to negotiate with customers and engineers to achieve the business needs.
- You’ll be adept at change, having got hands on experience living and breathing new ways of working and knowing how to bring your colleagues along for the experience.
Being part of the Acis team:
You’ll work from our corporate office at Acis House in Gainsborough. We might ask you to visit other sites or locations as part of your role.
We’re working for our customers between 7am and 7pm Monday - Friday. Most people are here from 8:30am to 5pm (4:30pm on a Friday), but we’re flexible so talk to your line manager to find out the best fit. Your role may also include on call elements.
You’ll work 37 hours each week, we offer flexi-time, talk to your line manager for more details.
This role requires a basic DBS check
We like to get face to face with customers and suppliers, so a full driving licence would be great to have but isn’t required for this role.
We like to be smart and safe, so you’ll need to wear office smart clothing at all times.
We want people to know you, so you’ll work with a variety of stakeholders such as; other team members, Managers and Directors, the Board, our customers, members of the public, contractors, employees from other organisations etc.
We may close this vacancy earlier than the stated closing date if the volume of applicants is high.
You may have experience of the following: Scheduling Administrator, Planning Officer, Planning Assistant, Scheduler, Resource Scheduler, Planning Administrator, Administrator, Admin Assistant, Repairs, etc