Finance Manager .
The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA) is the world’s only professional accountancy body to specialise in public services, and our portfolio of qualifications is the foundation for a career in public finance.
Our members work across public services in national audit agencies, major accountancy firms, and other organisations and companies around the world where public money needs to be effectively and efficiently managed.
Globally, CIPFA leads the way in public finance. We support best practice in the management of public sector resources and use our values and expertise to help UK and international public financial managers as they grapple with sovereign debt issues and austerity programmes and the range of responses these require.
Position: Finance Manager
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 36 hours per week, normally between the hours of 9.00am to 5.00pm
Salary: £50,000 to £55,000 per annum
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, Up to 10% employer's pension contribution, Season ticket loans, Employee Assistance Helpline, Exclusive employee discount and rewards at many major brands including health & well-being, retail, restaurants and mobile technology providers.
Closing date for applications: 30th June, 2019
About the role:
We are looking for a full time Finance Manager to manage the day to day transactional activities of our Finance Department (Sales, Receipts, Purchases, Credit Control and Payroll). You will be responsible for a team of seven, ensuring the team provides a high quality customer focused service to CIPFA.
- Management of the Purchase Ledger, Credit Control, Cash Management and Payroll functions.
- Ensure all balance sheet codes are reconciled on a monthly basis and produce a monthly balance sheet.
- Produce financial statements that comply with all statutory and regulatory standards in accordance with the agreed timetable.
- Prepare a quarterly 12 month rolling cash flow forecasts.
- Prepare and submit the quarterly VAT return.
- Ensure that the CIPFA insurance cover is adequate and in place, reviewing provision every 3 years.
We are seeking a dynamic, confident, and driven individual with excellent interpersonal skills. The ideal person will possess excellent communication skills and have a positive and determined approach.
You may have experience of the following: Finance Manager, Accountant, Qualified Accountant, Head of Finance, Senior Finance Manager, Corporate Accountant, Commercial Accountant, etc.