Office Administrator (Community Safety) .
South Oxfordshire District Council and Vale of White Horse District Council are forward thinking local authorities, based in one of the most attractive areas of the country. They are looking for a professional, competent and enthusiastic person who is able to communicate well at all levels. An excellent benefits package is on offer including annualised hours (flexible working) and a career average pension scheme. They have modern open plan offices and smart working practices and the technology to support mobile working.
Position: Community Safety Business Support Officer
Location: Milton Park, Oxfordshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £21,725 to £25,372 per annum
Benefits: A basic 24 days annual leave per annum, rising to 29 days after five years. You also have all the bank holidays to look forward to and time off between Christmas and New Year; pension scheme, , Cycle scheme, car lease scheme, reduced gym membership, free swims, contributory medical schemes, wellbeing appointments, free eye tests for DSE users, after work sports clubs and more. Ample free parking nearby.
Closing date: 12:00 noon on 20 June 2019.
Interview date: 05 July 2019
About the role:
South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse District Councils are forward thinking local authorities, based in one of the most attractive areas of the country. They are looking for someone who is self-motivated and proactive with good interpersonal and organisational skills. The post is based within the Community Safety team and will provide support to the Head of Service across the service area.
- Ensure teams with the service are able to operate effectively through general administrative support of the highest quality, cooperation and efficiency.
- Assist in the delivery of the objectives set out in service and improvement plans.
- Provide business support for the Head of Service, service managers or team leaders as directed.
- Prioritise varied workload and complete various projects / tasks to meet appropriate deadlines.
- Support the Community Safety Team Leader in preparing quarterly Community Safety Partnership papers and reports as necessary by collecting data and compiling statistics.
- Ensure that ASB complaints received by the South and Vale councils are recorded on the council database system and use the database to identify ASB hotspots.
- Monitor and co-ordinate the Community Safety email inbox and maintain confidentiality in respect of community safety issues at all time.
- Review the community safety information on the councils’ websites to ensure it is up to date.
- Co-ordinate corporate returns on behalf of the service, such as quarterly budget monitoring and freedom of information requests.
- Undertake such other projects and duties as may be required from time to time.
- GCSEs in English Language and Maths (or equivalent qualification or level of experience).
- Proven experience in administration and in budget management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills.
- Excellent IT skills including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Methodical and well organised, with a strong customer focus.
- Able to follow procedures and work to the highest accuracy, efficiency and quality.
- Flexible and positive, with the ability to use initiative.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
It is important to save the online application form as you go along because the form WILL timeout after 30 minutes and all of your work will be lost if you have not saved the form.
The council is committed to the employment and career development of disabled people. We guarantee an interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the essential criteria for the post.
Please assume that if you have not heard from us by the interview date then you have not been selected for interview on this occasion.
You may have experience of the following: Office Administrator, Business Support Officer, Administrator, Admin Assistant, Planning Administrator, Local Government, etc.