Membership Administrator .
The National Landlords Association (NLA) is the UK’s leading organisation for private-residential landlords with 40,000 landlord members, ranging from full-time landlords with large property portfolios to those with just a single letting. We campaign for the legitimate interests of landlords by seeking to influence decision-makers at all levels of government and by making landlords’ collective voice heard in the media. We seek to raise standards in the private-rented sector while aiming to ensure that landlords are aware of their statutory rights and responsibilities.
We’re based in London (Southwark) and have a staff of 70 spread across the country. We’re working to increase our member engagement and grow our membership base.
We pride ourselves on being an open and collaborative organisation, allowing employees to grow and develop their skillsets. We’re committed to supporting staff to do what they do best every day. We have an active social calendar, and provide staff with a generous leave allowance, travel loans, childcare vouchers, pension scheme and flexible working arrangements.
Position: Membership Administrator
Location: Southwark London
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 9am to 5pm with 30m for lunch but some flexibility is required
Salary: £19,500 per annum
About the role:
To provide private landlord members and non-members of this leading trade association with information and support. This will be provided primarily on the phone but also managing email and post correspondence in a small but lively team of administrators and advisers.
- Respond to member queries through all current and future channels including: phone, email, voicemail and live chat.
- Be helpful to those with queries and providing options or solutions to members.
- Promote the benefits of NLA membership in a confident, well-informed and thorough manner.
- Attempting to up-sell or convert or upgrade those non-members who contact us to join.
- Ensure that the membership database and individual records are managed to a secure and high standard: accurately inputting / processing member details and regularly updating and cleansing of data.
- Actively take payments via telephone and monitor online payments for membership subscriptions.
- Produce and send members literature, receipts and renewal letters in a timely manner.
- Assist with direct debit cancellations and failures.
- Ensure that members who have cancelled their direct debits are contacted.
- Reinstate failed direct debits and contact members.
- Experience of working with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems is essential.
- Experience of MS Dynamics CRM and Microsoft Office 365 software is desirable.
- Experience in an administration role would be also be preferred.
- Candidates must be numerate, proactive, assertive when required, efficient, professional and have good attention to detail.
- Maintaining a high standard of attention to member enquiries and processes but providing a helpful and human touch to all interactions.
- Dealing with member queries / complaints when they arise and following through to completion.
You may have experience of the following: Office Administrator, Membership Administrator, Membership Assistant, Administrator, Admin Assistant, Customer Service Advisor, Customer Service Assistant, Membership Coordinator, Subscriptions Administrator, Contact Centre, Call Centre, etc.