Logistics Coordinator / Transport Coordinator .
World class steel engineering & fabrication.
Around the world clients trust William Hare for the provision of superior steel framework solutions.
As a leading player in the steel industry, we consistently devise the most efficient steel frame solution for every client to create sustainable relationships. We demand and only use safe working practices, high quality products, innovative engineering and tested management procedures.
We recognise the importance of being adaptable to the needs of our clients. As a privately-owned company our independent status means we are not part of a group or holding company that could restrict our participation.
Position: Transport & Logistics Co-ordinator
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £26,000 per annum
36 hours per week (Monday-Friday)
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Free on-site parking
About the role:
The Transport & Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for the day to day running of the Transport & Logistics department processes and overseeing the cycle of order fulfilment. You will support to the Transport & Logistics Manager, support to other departments within the business and continuous improvement to the role.
- Managing the organisation and execution of deliveries throughout the group & ex-works.
- Managing continuous improvement.
- Effective management of drivers – Routing and scheduling to maximise efficiency – Ensuring compliance.
- Management of legislation compliance – Drivers’ hours, working time directive knowledge.
- Transportation costings.
- Negotiation of costs – Haulage rates.
- Out of hours contact.
- Daily organisation & execution of deliveries throughout the group & ex-works using in-house system.
- Daily communication with sites, hauliers & relevant personnel.
- General office requirements.
- Developing further understanding of a transport manager role.
- Create and manage documentation to cover each piece / lot / load within in-house system.
- Close liaison with the project management team to ensure the logistic requirements for each project are achievable and maintained.
- Ensuring close liaison with all sub treatment facilities with regard to the availability of material for either further treatment or site delivery.
- Primary contact for all construction site managers regarding site deliveries.
- Maintaining the shipping folder on the projects server.
- Ensure that loads are entered on to the transport diary.
- Negotiation & execution of acquisition of non-contract hire vehicles and associated requirements.
- Dunnage recording.
- Issuing a Weekly Overall Project Report.
- Monthly Reporting.
- NVQ 4 / A Level or above – Experience often may substitute.
- Transportation planning & understanding capabilities.
- Sufficient experience / adaptability with computer software – Microsoft and in-house co-ordination system.
- Drivers hours, working time directive and tachograph knowledge.
- Experience in logistics management.
- Data Analysis.
- Applicable Health & safety knowledge.
- Peripheral vision to the scope of work.
- Driving Licence.
- Good organisation skills & initiative
- Ability to cope with challenging deadlines.
The Company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the business.
You may have experience of the following: Logistics Coordinator, Supply Chain Coordinator, Transport Coordinator, Freight Forwarding Coordinator, Transport Assistant, Freight Management, Distribution Coordinator etc