Administrator (Logistics / Transport) .
World class steel engineering & fabrication.
Around the world clients trust William Hare for the provision of superior steel framework solutions.
As a leading player in the steel industry, we consistently devise the most efficient steel frame solution for every client to create sustainable relationships. We demand and only use safe working practices, high quality products, innovative engineering and tested management procedures.
We recognise the importance of being adaptable to the needs of our clients. As a privately-owned company our independent status means we are not part of a group or holding company that could restrict our participation.
Position: Transport & Logistics Administrator
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £19,000 per annum
36 hours per week (Monday-Friday)
25 Days Holiday + bank holidays
Free on-site parking
About the role:
Day to day support in the running of the Transport & Logistics department processes and contributing to the cycle of order fulfilment. Support to the Transport & Logistics Manager, the co-ordinator and to other departments within the business. Continuous improvement to the role is expected.
- Managing the organisation and execution of deliveries throughout the group
- Tachograph management - recording and uploading data
- HGV & Trailer maintenance (C&U Regulation compliance)
- Management of legislation compliance – Drivers’ hours, working time directive knowledge.
- Daily communication with sites, hauliers & relevant personnel.
- Use in-house system for the organisation & execution of deliveries throughout the group
- Fleet management
- Managing the insurance database
- Update and maintain in-house Company vehicle database
- Trailer maintenance – arrangement and upkeep of associated paperwork.
- Maintenance costs record upkeep.
- Fuel receipt management & filing.
- Driver licencing administration.
- Any other administrative duties required
- NVQ Level 3 or above – Suitable experience may substitute.
- Business administration qualification.
- Transportation planning & understanding capabilities.
- Sufficient experience / adaptability with computer software – Microsoft and in house co-ordination system.
- Data Analysis.
- Office experience.
- Driving Licence preferred.
- Problem solving experience.
- Ability to cope with challenging deadliness.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
You may have experience of the following: Logistics Administrator, Administrator, Administration Assistant, Customer Service, Supply Chain, Administration, Logistics Scheduler, Customer Services, Logistics Assistant, Logistics Coordinator, Transport Coordinator, Manufacturing, etc.