Management Accountant .
Breedon is a leading construction materials group in the UK and Ireland. We operate two cement plants and around 80 quarries, 40 asphalt plants, 170 ready-mixed concrete and mortar plants, nine concrete and clay products plants, four contract surfacing businesses, six import/export terminals and two slate production facilities.
Position: Management Accountant
Location: Derbyshire, Hope Valley
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Benefits: A competitive remuneration package will be offered including pension and life assurance.
Closing date for applications: 6th July, 2019
About the role:
- Assist in preparation of monthly Management Accounts and reporting.
- Assist in preparation of forecasting and annual budgeting process.
- Cost Analysis Reporting – Improve the level of cost reporting and awareness across all GB Cement Operations – Cement Plant, Depots & Logistics & Import Terminals. Update & improve standard costing model.
- Hold monthly one to one cost review meetings with key budget holders including, Production Manager, Quarry Manager, Maintenance Manager & Logistics & Supply Chain Manager & Depot Supervisors.
- Sales Analysis Reporting & Customer Profitability Analysis.
- KPI Reporting for internal reviews & external requirements.
- Capex Reporting – Ensure capital expenditure processes are followed and capital spend is accurately reported.
- Provision of information for auditing purposes.
- Provide a level of cover for the Assistant Accountant.
- Other adhoc projects as a when required.
- Part Qualified / Qualified - CIMA / ACCA.
- Experience of working with non-financial Managers.
- Strong Excel Skills are essential.
- Willingness to travel to other sites.
The Group places the highest importance on sustained standards of excellence in all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental management and you will be expected to contribute to the Company's zero harm culture.
You may have experience of the following: Management Accountant, Assistant Accountant, Accountant, Finance Analyst, Finance Officer, Finance Manager, Financial Analyst, Accounts Manager, Reporting, Financial Reporting, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, Part Qualified, Part Qualified Accountant, etc.