Product Returns Engineer .
We’re Kingfisher. You might know us as B&Q, Screwfix, Castorama, Brico Depot or Koçta? We’re made up of 79,000 passionate people, call 1,302 stores home and operate in 10 countries. That’s right, we’re big, but we have ambitions to become even bigger and even better. We want to become the leading home improvement company and grow the largest community of home improvers in the world. And that’s where you come in.
At Kingfisher, we’re revolutionising the way our renowned brands – B&Q, Screwfix, Castorama, Brico Depot and Koçta? – operate. Offer and Supply is working globally across all our brands so that our 6 million customers recognise the same unified product ranges at the same prices, wherever they are in the world. Here, collaborating with colleagues is essential – whether you’re creating and deciding what we’ll sell globally or delivering new and exciting products to our customers, you’ll push boundaries and make your mark. There’s no doubt that this new way of working is challenging, but it’s also very rewarding – and with that comes opportunity. Opportunity that’s yours for the taking.
Position: Product Returns Engineer
Location: Southampton, Hampshire
Job type: Full Time, 12 months Fixed Term Contract
Salary: £ Competitive
Closing date: 19 June 2019
About the role:
We are looking for a Product Returns Engineer to join the quality team in our fantastic offices in Southampton. This position is responsible for ensuring the co-ordinated investigation of client Returns, Complaints, Recalls and Feedback from our customers in your market. In addition, you will be responsible for the prompt communication associated with the product investigations and subsequent actions arising to protect Kingfisher's customers' and reputation.
- Ensuring rapid response to WFS (withdrawal from sale) and other significant time / business critical situations ensuring suitable containment of risk to Kingfisher businesses.
- Obtaining correct information and / or the product return, investigate issues thoroughly and in a timely manner, sharing information with relevant parties and seeking advice from experts where necessary.
- Manage relationships with external parties, e.g. appropriate independent laboratories / consultancies.
- Produce concise and clear incident reports within the agreed timelines.
- Support development of investigation and risk assessment methods / standard operating procedures, working with group colleagues to ensure best practice is shared.
- Produce clear risk assessments using the approved model where required.
- Support activity to notify and execute the Operating Companies responses to investigation outputs such as Withdrawal from Sale (WFS) or Recalls.
- Seek out corrective actions / product improvements related to incidents as required and follow up to ensure implementation with Feedback Analysts, Sourcing Offices, Specification Engineers and Process Engineers.
- Use expertise to process and respond to other technical and aftersales support queries concisely and clearly (from all parties) in a timely manner.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure OpCo compliance to local policies, laws and their updates relating to products.
- As required, at operating company level, support BAU needs, Sustainability / Net Positive reporting and Trade Survey testing programmes of products once on the market.
To carry out this role you will ideally come from a strong engineering background ideally with a broad spectrum of industry knowledge. You will be able to ensure a measured approach to incidents, and able to conduct investigations in a thorough, but rapid and professional manner. This role requires an immaculate attention to detail, with a real passion for both customers and products.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our global business. In return, we provide an inspirational working environment, a competitive benefits package and opportunities to stretch and grow your career. Interested? Great, we can’t wait to hear from you.
You may have experience of the following: Product Returns Engineer, Compliance Engineer, Product Recall, Quality Assurance Engineer, Quality Control Engineer, Product Compliance Engineer, Customer Service, Product Engineer, DIY, Home Improvement, etc