Class 1 Shunter (Nights) .
The Opportunity to earn up to £28,593.77pa * as a Nights Class 1 Shunter
Position: Class 1 Shunter (Nights)
Location: Melton - E Yorkshire
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week - 10pm - 6am
Salary: £28,247 per annum
About the role:
To support our store expansion programme, recent expansion of our vehicle fleet, and the opening of our new site at Gibson Lane, we are currently recruiting a full time Night Shunter to join our team at our Melton site. We are offering 40 hours per week, working five 8 hour shifts per week working 10pm to 6am working every other weekend.
The role involves moving trailers around a busy yard on and off the loading bays. It also requires the moving of fully loaded vehicles to our Gibson Lane site in preparation for the drivers to make their store deliveries.
Why work for Heron Foods?
- Opportunity to earn up to £28,593.77pa (*with bump bonuses)
- To be party of a successful and rapidly expanding business
- Opportunities to develop within the business (we like to promote within)
- 10% staff discount with Heron Foods and sister company B&M
- To ensure the re-cycling material within the three stores are removed to the bailing plant in a timely manner.
- To ensure steel cages are shunted to the appropriate bays when required.
- To provide assistance with the loading of second runs if/when required
- To provide warehouse support through cleaning / picking / unloading / marshalling of orders and shop supplies.
- Moving and changing vehicles/Trailers around for preparation for loading.
- Empty all wagons of steel, rubbish and quilts
- Liaise with the transport department regarding pick up of drivers or delivery of wagons to the garage.
- Cleaning of trailers inside and out.
- Occasional picking.
- Reporting damage and misuse of the equipment.
- Work to drivers rules and regulations.
- CPC driving certificate
- Full and current Class 1 C+E driving licence, maximum of 6 points allowed (with no convictions pending).
- Must hold a DIGI Tacho card
- Experience of driving a Class 1 vehicle.
- Knowledge of driving laws and regulations.
- Able to communicate and clearly follow written and verbal instructions; able to lift and manoeuvre medium to heavy loads.
- Previous experience using a tail lift
You may have experience of the following: Driver, HGV, Distribution, Heavy Goods Vehicle, HGV Driver, Class 1 Driver, Logistics, Warehouse, Transport, Retail, C+E Driver, FMCG, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Lorry Driver, etc.