General Practitioner (Out of Hours / On-Call Team) .
The London General Practice is one of London's most respected and well established private doctors. The Practice is based in Harley Street, London and provides UK-based and international patients with a comprehensive range of high quality private healthcare services, in state-of-the-art facilities.
We pride ourselves on the flexible care we provide our patients, which is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The Practice consults for many private families, leading insurers, the entertainment industry, numerous multinational companies and prestigious London hotels.
Position: Out of Hours GPs (On-Call)
Location: Central London & Home Based
Job Type: Part-time & Self-Employed
Salary: Competitive. Fee Sharing – average fee to GP £200 per visit
Hours: Shifts 6pm to 8:30am (Monday-Friday) and Full Weekend Shifts
About the role:
As part of ongoing growth plans, we have an immediate opportunities available to join our out of hours team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Holding consultations with patients at their homes or in hotels in Central London
- Listening to patients and diagnosing and treating their symptoms
- Deciding on the right course of treatment
- Maintaining confidentiality and impartiality
- Completing detailed patient notes
- Ensuring that patient referrals, letters and medical reports are completed in a timely manner
- Organising follow up appointments in the practice as appropriate
- Monitoring outstanding test results and referrals ensuring that anything outstanding is handed over at the end of your shift
GPs who join the on-call rota are also invited to participate in the practice day-time locum rota, but this is not a requirement of joining the on-call team.
We welcome applications from experienced GPs who are considering a career move or are looking for additional hours alongside another role. MRCGP and private patient experience is desirable. You do not need to attend the practice whilst on-call and can do this from home, but it is essential that you are located no more than a 30 minute drive from Central London. You will be provided with a fully equipped doctors bag and company phone.
You may have experience of the following: General Practitioner, Doctor, Medical, Healthcare, GMC, MRCGP, Medicine, NHS, GP, Clinical Work etc.