Project Engineer (IT Services) .
We are one of the leading independent engineering and services businesses in the UK. Founded in 1921, with a turnover of £500m and 3000 employees, we are proud of our history of developing great people through our investment in training.
Working across a variety of sectors within the building and infrastructure industry, our innovative, responsible and forward thinking approach allows us to work on fantastic ground-breaking projects, providing solutions using the latest tools and technologies.
Progression is something we value and we’ll make sure that when you join us you have a clearly defined development path, supported by regular reviews, training and ongoing support to enable you to be the best you can be.
Position: Project Engineer - IT Services
Location: Manchester M13
Job type: Full Time, Fixed Term Contract
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project engineer to join our IT Services Division on fixed term 12 months contract to work on a large high profile construction project in Manchester.
You will successfully plan and control day-to-day activities in support of project, in order to deliver it to the time, cost, quality and customer satisfaction objectives as defined by the Project Manager. In addition to this, they will supervise field-based staff and subcontractors as required.
- Ensure all works comply with NG Bailey IT Services Company standards and meet / exceed client expectations, as well as the requirements of international standards and manufacturers installation guideline systems.
- Participate within bid activity.
- Provide assistance with input in the preparation of the business plans and budgets. Based on the initial contract parameters and objectives.
- Provide appropriate input to all monthly reviews in line with business procedures.
- Ensuring design and installation meets internal and client specifications and statutory requirements.
- Experience of the installation of Structured Cabling Systems.
- Fully conversant with the setup and operation of Fluke Analysers.
- The ability to locate and rectify faults on Structured Cabling and Voice systems.
- Ability to work from construction drawings.
- Ability to work remotely.
- Evident experience with Electronic IP Security Systems - (CCTV, Access Control & Intruder Alarm).
- Understanding of National Security Inspectorate (NSI) process and requirements related to electronic security systems.
You may have experience of the following: Project Engineer, Project Manager, Project Management, IT Project Engineer, IT, Information Technology, IT Project Manager, etc.