Gas Engineer (Commercial) .
We are one of the leading independent engineering and services businesses in the UK. Founded in 1921, with a turnover of £500m and 3000 employees, we are proud of our history of developing great people through our investment in training.
Working across a variety of sectors within the building and infrastructure industry, our innovative, responsible and forward thinking approach allows us to work on fantastic ground-breaking projects, providing solutions using the latest tools and technologies.
Progression is something we value and we’ll make sure that when you join us you have a clearly defined development path, supported by regular reviews, training and ongoing support to enable you to be the best you can be.
Position: Commercial Gas Engineer
Location: Fife, East Scotland
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, 8am to 4:30pm, overtime may be available
About the role:
We are currently recruiting for an experienced commercial gas engineer for our facilities services business in Scotland.
Allocated to one of our large successful contracts, the role will consist of undertaking reactive and planned maintenance works to all heating plant and associated equipment within the Fife council and associated buildings. Ensuring all plant is maintained at all times to current standards and legislation. This includes servicing and repair of a range of all gas fired equipment.
- Be responsible for undertaking servicing of a range of gas fired equipment including boilers and water heaters.
- Complete fault finding, repair and installation of a range of gas fired equipment.
- Responsible for diagnosing and rectifying M&E plant faults, ensuring all statutory requirements are maintained.
- Effective servicing, fault diagnosis and repair work of equipment to current standards.
- Submitting clear, concise and accurate reports of work carried out and time spent on tasks.
- Details for further recommended works submitted with all required information for office personnel to action.
- Submitting accurate timesheets to office on time and completing PDA’s in “real time”.
- Punctual site attendance suitably dressed and equipped to perform job tasks.
- Any other task deemed reasonable by the Service Manager / Service Supervisor.
- Provide “out of hours” call out cover.
- Ensure that the maintenance, service and repair works to gas fired equipment are carried out in accordance with current standards and any relevant legislation.
- Regularly and effectively communicate with clients, suppliers and other NGB personnel in order to maintain and develop excellent professional working relationships and ensure smooth operation of the business.
- The ability to be assertive whilst forging relationships with other functions within the organisation and having the capability to multitask, be well organised and have excellent attention to detail are key attributes required of this role.
- Domestic and Commercial gas qualifications.
- 3 years experience within the maintenance field.
- Ideally all candidates should have undertaken a mechanical apprenticeship.
- CCN1, CEN / WAT1, CODNCO1, CIGA1, CDGA1 & TPCP1A.
- Service and repair of gas fired equipment.
- Risk Assessment and Method Statement approval and associated Work Permit’s.
- M&E Fault-finding.
- Small mechanical projects.
- Control panels – PPMs and actuators.
- BMS – Trend, Honeywell, Siemens etc. – controlling hot & colds, re-sets on boilers, fault-finding, checking plant is operational.
- Pumps, AHUs, FCUs, filters, belts, pulleys.
- Previously working / working as a mobile service engineer within the commercial sector, undertaking routine plant repairs and maintenance, conversant with small works installations and the testing / completing of documentation.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of gas fire equipment servicing and repair.
- Servicing, fault diagnosis and repair knowledge of HVAC systems and their controls.
- Working knowledge of electrical plant and equipment, including safe isolation.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Good understanding of Health and safety within the workplace.
You may have experience of the following: Field Service Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Mobile Support Engineer, Networks, Electronic Technician, Electrical Engineer, Field Service Technician, Maintenance Engineer, Commercial Gas Engineer, etc.