Claims Handler (Automotive) .
AutoProtect is a growing business looking for people to grow the business and push it forward!
AutoProtect provide mechanical breakdown warranties and other insurance products to vehicle owners across the UK, Europe and beyond. These are sold via vehicle retailers of all types and sizes and since 2004, leading manufacturers have awarded AutoProtect a variety of business and many of the leading dealer groups and over 3000 independent vehicle retailers have elected to carry products from our broad, flexible range.
Position: Technical Claims Handler
Location: Warwick House, Harlow
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Mon-Fri 9am-5.30pm; 1 in 3 Sat 9am-1pm
About the role:
The Technical Claims Handler will properly qualify claims and ensure accurate and speedy claims resolution giving proper regard to company procedures, insured liabilities and customer sensitivities.
You will guide claimants through the relevant claims process giving proper advice regarding suitable repairers and relevant liabilities.
- Provide accurate claims advice across a variety of products.
- Resolve claims across a variety of platforms, telephone, fax, email and online.
- Understanding our various customers’ requirements and working with them to ensure they are properly dealt with.
- Maintain company service levels.
- Provide support to the Sales team by providing accurate and timely information.
- Provide professional and friendly service.
- Produce reports / spreadsheets on claims issues / queries on request.
- Arrange vehicle assessments.
- Other reasonable duties as required.
A high level of literacy and numeracy is required. You will have good written and oral communication skills with the ability to discuss the workings of the modern motor vehicle.
As well as the ability to work effectively under pressure both within a team or on own initiative. Good planning and organizing skills with the ability to prioritise.
You will have motor vehicle repair or equivalent experience. Ideally from a motor repair workshop environment, service desk or simply just a car enthusiast.
A background in insurance product administration and claim resolution is preferred.
You will also have basic knowledge of PC skills.
You may have experience of the following: Claims Handler, Claims Administrator, Customer Service Advisor, Automotive, Customer Support, Technical Claims Handler, etc.