Do you want to join an award-winning business? National Accident Helpline has just been named in the Sunday Times’ Top 100 Small Companies To Work For list and we are proud to have been awarded the Gold standard by Investors in People in July 2018.
Position: Senior Solicitor
Location: Kettering, Northamptonshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £40k to 50k per annum
About the role:
As our Senior Solicitor you will be responsible for the successful management of your own multi-track caseload, as well as the supervision of the litigation team’s fast-track caseload. Your expertise will make you the technical point of contact for the team. You will have the customer at the heart of what you do, handling claims in an empathetic and reassuring way, whilst managing processes efficiently, securing the right outcome for the customer.
- Proactively manage your own multi-track caseload, with the support of the Senior Litigators, to deliver the financial, customer and operational targets set by the Operations & Performance Director.
- Demonstrate technical expertise in the field of multi-track case handling.
- Have proven experience working in a high-volume environment.
- Ensure that regulatory requirements are met and adhered to at all times, liaising at all times with the company’s COLP and compliance function.
- Have the ability to meet strict court deadlines.
- Ensure all cases within the team are prepared for issue and handled in a timely manner.
- Be well versed with CPR rules and relevant case law.
- Monitor KPI performance in line with the commercial needs of the business.
- Proactively develop ways to improve efficiency, quality and general performance by regularly reviewing procedures and systems to identify any inefficiencies.
- Be an ambassador for quality, assessing cases for both training and coaching purposes, ensuring quality assessment is accurate to achieve regulatory and legal requirements.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of our market to ensure the team is and remains fit for purpose.
- Be a qualified Solicitor with 5 years PQE in personal injury law.
- Have experience of handling Claimant multi-track cases arising from RTA, EL, PL, OL claims.
- Have excellent customer care and communication skills.
- Be able to cope well under pressure.
- Have proven ability to handle own case-load, adhering to strict SLAs.
- Be a strong negotiator, able to persuade and influence others.
- Demonstrate attention to detail.
- Work autonomously, taking high levels of ownership with a solution focused approach.
- Be a confident and capable decision maker.
- Be able to analyse and interpret information to make decisions.
- Manage risk to make commercially sound decisions.
- Be able to work interdepartmentally, managing stakeholder relationships constructively.
- Thrive and operate in a fast-paced organisation.
You may have experience of the following: Solicitor, Lawyer, Qualified Solicitor, Private Client Solicitor, Qualified Lawyer, Law, Legal Solicitor, Paralegal, Legal Advisor, etc.