Account Manager (IT) .
Perfect Image are a leading IT solutions provider with over 27 years expertise. In light of our continued growth and profitability we are looking to expand our established Account Management team with an experienced Account Manager from a technology background to take on an exciting portfolio of valued customers. The role benefits from extensive continued professional development, realistic and achievable uncapped commission structure and a competitive benefits package including 25 days annual leave plus public holidays.
Position: Account Manager
Location: Newcastle, Tyne & Wear
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 + Uncapped Commission
About the role:
Working as part of an established account management team. The Account Manager works to improve the organisation’s market position and achieve financial growth and improves gross profit margins. This person builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
Account Managers work with the internal teams, marketing staff, and other employees and managers to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximise revenue and gross profit margins for their organisation. To achieve this, they need to manage the existing customer base, ultimately to convert them to multi product clients, and continue to grow business in the future. They call on clients, often being required to make presentations on solutions and services that meet or predict their clients’ future needs.
Commission is awarded on traditional Gross Profit target achievements using tried and tested selling techniques and more importantly on specific customer service focused behaviours, which are designed to ensure customer service is at the very heart of the Account Management process.
- Managing a portfolio of accounts.
- Cross and upselling of PI products to existing client base.
- Using existing base contacts to generate new business (referrals).
- Internal cross divisional client collaboration.
- Delivering presentations both web and face to face.
- Maintaining / improving customer satisfaction levels.
- Prospect for potential leads within the existing base and turn this into increased business.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders / Principals.
- Leads over a certain value and of a complex nature will be allocated to the relevant BDM for Sales closure. The Account Manager will work closely with the BDM to ensure the customer is being handled within the confines of the defined Account management process.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasising agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Manage and maintain renewal process to an agreed target.
- The Account Manager may be involved in marketing campaigns, including industry specific mail shots, brochures and adverts with a view to generating further revenue for PI.
- The Account Manager is required to have detailed knowledge of the market, the solutions / services the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Consultative selling experience in a B2B service environment, preferably with a background in IT or Software Industry.
- Demonstrate success in exceeding sales targets.
- Experience in working and selling to senior executives.
- Experience in supporting and coordinating the delivery of change.
- Ability to think laterally and solve complex problems logically.
- Ability to prioritise work and meet deadline.
- A positive attitude and a passion for delivering a high quality service to customers.
- Strong IT skills, MS Office, software packages, social media, intranet.
You may have experience of the following: Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Manager, Account Management, Business Development, Business Development Manager, Sales Executive, Internal Account Manager, Internal Sales Executive, Relationship Management, etc.