Compliance Officer (Data Protection) .
You may remember Unipart as the company that revolutionised the automotive parts industry in the 1970s. Unipart is different company today with clients such as McLaren, Apple, Vodafone, BSkyB, Jaguar Land Rover and, the NHS. The Unipart Group is an independent manufacturing, logistics and consultancy company that employs nearly 10,000 employees worldwide and has an annual turnover of more than £1 billion.
Position: Data Protection Compliance Advisor
Location: Cowley, Oxfordshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £40,000 per annum plus car / car allowance
About the role:
The Compliance Advisor will provide support, training, and information concerning the safeguarding of personal data across Unipart Group and will undertake GDPR compliance audits.
- Develop materials & templates to meet data protection and GDPR compliance for Unipart Group, and its relevant partners and suppliers.
- Inform and advise all members of staff on their obligation to adhere to the EU GDPR across all Unipart sites.
- Provide support to the DPM to monitor compliance with the EU GDPR and flag exceptions where applicable
- Take an active role in the development and maintenance of all Unipart Group data protection policies, procedures and processes in relation to the protection of personal data.
- Help provide awareness and communication training and material and publish material through relevant channels to all members of staff involved in processing operations relating to personal data.
- Undertake audits of processes relating to personal data to monitor compliance with the EU GDPR (and where applicable other data protection regulation).
- Provide support and advice on the data protection impact assessment and monitoring performance against the requirements of the EU GDPR.
- Provide support and advice on queries concerning near misses and escalating incidents to DPM and Group CISO if applicable.
- Take responsibility for ensuring end to end processes for data collection are reviewed.
- Lead relationships with the supply chain where required.
- You will have a good understanding of General Data Protection Regulation and how the principles apply across the operation: Lawfulness, fairness and transparency; Purpose limitation; Data minimisation; Accuracy; Storage limitation; Integrity and confidentiality.
- You will have an understanding of common operational processes across the business and how they relate to personal data.
- Experience of dealing with controller and data processors, including the issue and review of DPAs and information security assessments.
- Good communication skills including the following: ability to create succinct summaries concerning compliance information; ability to be able to engage with all levels of the business including senior stakeholders and data champions; ability to challenge appropriately; excels at reviewing procedural detail but can also appreciate the 'bigger picture'.
- Experience of creating and reviewing data flows.
- Understanding of key IT security controls and how they pertain to data protection.
- Experience of undertaking compliance audits (ideally data protection).
You may have experience of the following: Compliance Officer, Compliance Coordinator, Compliance Executive, Compliance Coordinator, Compliance Manager, Policy Officer, Regulation, Regulatory, Data Compliance, Data Protection, etc.