Senior Product Marketing Manager (Digital Education) .
Discovery Education empowers teachers and pupils by providing high-quality, dynamic, digital products and services to primary and secondary schools globally. Our content is aligned to current curriculum requirements (both UK and US) and is created and curated by experienced educational professionals. We sell our products and services into schools internationally, through an ecosystem of channel partners in various key regions
Position: Senior Product Marketing Manager - International
Location: Hammersmith, London W6
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
About the role:
The senior product marketing manager is responsible for leading product positioning, product campaigns, collateral development and market segmentation for Discovery Education International’s (DEI) individual products (both English language and localized versions), packaged solutions and thematic propositions. The candidate will be required to develop an in-depth understanding of the DEI product offering and customer (ministries, schools, teachers, students, parents) needs and then present our value proposition in ways that will boost sales.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of customer needs to identify the specific educational needs and pain points DEI addresses via its various product offerings.
- Gain an understanding of the buying cycle, buying behaviour and key decision makers within various customer segments across key regions such as the Middle East, APAC and LATAM.
- Developing a minute understanding of DEIs current products and services and well as its emerging product strategy with a focus on understanding and articulating the intrinsic value proposition to various customer groups.
- Collaborate with the DEI Product Owners and Curriculum Director to develop targeted product marketing strategies including campaigns, collateral, advertising etc.
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing and Product Owners to lead product marketing plans for product and feature launches across international markets to drive growth and uptake.
- Collaborate with the DEI Marketing Director to ensure that DEI product positioning at various trade conferences, product launch events and marketing collateral resonates with the Discovery Education brand positioning.
- Craft compelling messages across various marketing channels including websites, social media, banner / display adverts.
- Review and input on the pricing strategy for various DEI offerings.
- Evaluate positioning and product-market fit using relevant KPIs and annual feedback from existing and prospective customers.
- Train sales and BD teams on targeted positioning of DEI’s solutions and services.
- Feed future positioning with customer needs and insights.
- At least 8 years’ experience in the digital education sector in a product marketing role.
- Demonstrable success in leading product marketing campaigns for digital education solutions from inception to launch.
- Demonstrable in-depth knowledge of new and innovative integrated product marketing techniques (both print and digital) and related production strategies to lead the development of innovative campaigns and collateral.
- Highly customer-centric with the ability to empathise with and develop deep insight into the educational needs of teachers, students and parents.
- Strong creative, presentation and verbal / written communication skills, including copy writing for the web, emails, and printed collateral.
- Ability to collaborate and establish strong positive relationships with Discovery colleagues across divisions / groups including within the DEI Product team as well as Sales, Marketing, Strategy & Operations.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-faced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to travel 15 to 20% of working time.
- Background in graphic design and software
- Experience in market analysis
- Working knowledge of web analytics tools (Google Analytics, WebTrends) and their application in education
- Master’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or similar field
You may have experience of the following: Product Marketing Manager, NPD, New Product Development, Marketing Manager, PR, Marketing Communications, Marcoms, Project Management, Product Manager, Product Management, Marketing Strategy, Digital Education, TEL, e-Learning, etc.