Estimator / Trainee Quantity Surveyor .
Lanes Group is the leading wastewater utility solutions provider and largest independent drainage specialist in the UK. This role provides the right candidate the opportunity to work and develop within the specialist sewer renovation / CIPP relining division.
Position: Estimator / Trainee Quantity Surveyor
Job type: Full Time, Permanent with probationary period
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £28k circa + commission
Benefits: 23 days holiday + bank holidays; mobile phone; health cash plan; free onsite parking; auto enrolment pension scheme; friendly working environment. After successful probation period a development plan will be available to attain quantity surveyor accreditation.
About the role:
Working closely with the Divisional Manager and Business Development Manager the role involves responding to internal and external enquiries to support sales growth. Gaining access to, and reviewing project documentation and CCTV survey information the person will be required to identify the best solution for the client.
Where technical support is required this will be provided by the Divisional Manager and Technical Manager but the ideal candidate will have enough experience to take ownership of routine projects immediately.
- Create quotations using agreed rates and CRM system for approval by the Divisional Manager.
- Depending on the project type you will then pass the project over to a sales lead to close the sale, or maintain ownership up until the receipt of purchase order.
- During delivery of the project you will provide advice where requested on any commercial aspects of the project in conjunction with department quantity surveyor.
- At completion of project review proposed invoice / application for payment to ensure accuracy so that disputed debts / payment delays are eliminated.
- Where requested by the BDM follow up on completed projects to assess customer satisfaction and to identify any further work potential.
- Due to the fast paced nature of the department the candidate must have good time management skills and be able to work quickly and accurately on a number of IT platforms to meet strict deadlines.
- Take ownership of estimating process for all routine enquiries enquiry from initial contact to contract award.
- Support estimating for complex schemes in partnership with BDM, Divisional Manager and Technical Support Manager.
- Populate and update CRM and any other relevant systems with opportunities and quotes in a timely and accurate manner to ensure business has accurate management information.
- Provide commercial support during delivery stage of projects advising on early warning and compensation events to eliminate disputed invoicing and reduced aged debts.
- Provide sales support to department BDM.
- As this role includes extensive interaction with internal and external stakeholders good communication skills and a focus on customer service is essential.
- Be able to support accurate estimating some site visits and overnight travel may be required, when required support the bid team on tender submissions.
- Where projects require specialist subcontract support the Estimator / Commercial Support will share project scope and obtain accurate quotations for the works.
- Ideally 2 years plus experience estimating drainage and / or relining projects or experience delivering similar projects on site.
- Use of cloud based IT systems.
- Some basic knowledge of typical contracts such as NEC.
- Technical knowledge of utilities and / or drainage.
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft office, outlook, CRM experience.
- High level of numeracy.
- Ability to build and maintain internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Ability to prioritise workload in a fast paced environment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from under-represented members of the community.
You may have experience of the following: Estimator, Estimating, Assistant Quantity Surveyor, Project Utilities Management, Trainee Quantity Surveyor, Building, Graduate Surveyor, RICS, Junior Surveyor, Surveying, Surveyor, Civil Engineering, Utilities, Bid Management, Proposals, Bid Team Leader, Tendering etc.