Property and Contracts Lawyer .
South Oxfordshire District Council and Vale of White Horse District Council are forward thinking local authorities, based in one of the most attractive areas of the country. They are looking for a professional, competent and enthusiastic person who is able to communicate well at all levels. An excellent benefits package is on offer including annualised hours (flexible working) and a career average pension scheme. They have modern open plan offices and smart working practices and the technology to support mobile working.
Position: Property and Contracts Lawyer
Location: Milton Park, Oxfordshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: Grade 6; £35077.00-39983.00 per annum
Benefits: 24 days annual leave per annum rising to 29 days after 5 years. You also have all the bank holidays to look forward to and time off between Christmas and New Year. pension scheme, Cyclescheme, car lease scheme, Flexible working, ample free parking, reduced gym membership, free swims, workplace exercise classes, contributory medical schemes, wellbeing appointments, free eye tests for DSE users and more. We give you two days per year to volunteer within the local community.
Closing date: noon on 14th June 2019.
Interview date: Week commencing 17th June 2019
About the role:
Are you a well organised team-player who thrives on challenge and variety?
Do you have proven contracts and commercial property legal experience?
This is a vital and busy role providing and assisting lawyers in the team to provide high quality legal advice to all service areas provided by the two councils.
- Assist the support team handle effectively the more substantial enquiries received into the legal team inbox
- Advise/draft and approve all documents relating to acquisitions and disposals of land and property
- Advise on all associated non-contentious work arising out of the councils’ property portfolios including drafting and approving leases, licences, deeds, notices and dealing with registration of land
- Draft/approve other agreements including affordable housing/nomination agreements, contracts, section 106 agreements/obligations and agreements under related legislation
- Assist the Contracts and Property team leader and external solicitors with major procurements, complex property transactions, town centre redevelopment and other regeneration projects
- Meet standards and performance targets set for legal services
- Contribute to new systems and initiatives in legal services
We’d love to hear from you if you are well organised and have a positive “can do” attitude. This role offers lots of variety and you will be able to use your qualifications, experience, skills in communication, adaptability, attention to detail, organisation and customer service to great effect.
In addition to the salary, we offer a generous holiday and benefits package. It is important to save the online form as you go along because the form WILL timeout after 30 minutes and all of your work will be lost if you have not saved the form.
The council is committed to the employment and career development of disabled people. We guarantee an interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the essential criteria for the post
Please assume that if you have not heard from us by the interview date then you have not been selected for interview on this occasion.
If you are invited to an interview, please note that we do not reimburse costs for your travel or other expenses that you incur.
You may have experience of the following: Qualified Lawyer, Legal Executive, Contract Law, Procurement Law, Barrister, Property Law, Practice Law, Local Government, Caseload Management, Legal Advice, Legal Counsel, etc.