CMM Engineer / Metrology Engineer .
Bromford Industries is a privately-owned enterprise trading on a global basis, supplying precision machined components, fabrications and assemblies to leading OEM’s in the aerospace, defence, marine, power generation and nuclear markets, demonstrating an impressive health and safety culture.
Position: CMM / Metrology Engineer
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 38 Hour Day Shift working Monday to Thursday 08.00 – 16.30 and 08.00 – 14.00 on Fridays
Salary: £Negotiable based upon experience
About the role:
We have a vacancy within our Quality Department and are currently recruiting for the role of CMM / Metrology Engineer. We are looking for candidates who have relevant and proven experience seeking an opportunity to develop their skills and join a growing Organisation.
- Creation of new CMM programmes, working closely with NPI & Engineering.
- Improving existing CMM programmes to give better performance in both accuracy and speed.
- Responding to measurement issues and developing solutions.
- Resident trainer on inspection techniques, both manual and mechanical.
- Determine capable equipment suitable for measurement of features.
- Lead activities involving CMM improvement projects.
- Lead Gauge R&R / SPC / MSA studies.
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role preferably in precision engineering sectors such as Aerospace, Automotive and Defence.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawing and geometric tolerances (GDT).
- Relevant course completion of CMM programme software, PC-DMIS preferred.
- Strong engineering background.
- Knowledgably in MSA, ideally to AS13003.
- An understanding and alignment to our Bromford Values; Customer Focus, Continuous Improvement, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
You may have experience of the following: CMM Engineer, CMM Programmer, Coordinate Measuring Machine, Probing System, CMM Operator, PC-DMIS, Measurement Software, etc