Legal Secretary .
Davies and Partners Solicitors is a heavyweight regional Law Firm with offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Gloucester and London.
Responsive to our clients' needs, forward thinking for business, working in partnership with our clients; professionalism is at the heart of the legal advice and guidance we give.
Davies and Partners has a national reputation for excellence in the Property sector and strength in depth in a wide selection of other legal services for businesses & individuals.
Position: Legal Secretary
Location: Gloucester (commutable from Cheltenham, Worcester, Hereford and surrounding areas)
Job type: Part time, Permanent
Hours: flexible with days and start times, however, finish times will be either 5.00pm or 5.30pm and at least one working day to be a Friday.
About the role:
We are currently seeking to recruit a Legal Secretary to work within our busy Commercial Property Department based in Gloucester. The ideal candidate should have recent working experience in a Property related area and possess good accurate typing and WP skills, with a professional confident attitude to their work.
- Opening new files as and when instructed and ensuring files are kept tidy and up-to-date.
- Audio typing of standard letters, contracts and documents.
- Photocopying of large plans and other documents.
- Preparing engrossment documents.
- Administrative preparation of files for completion.
- Updating databases and directories where appropriate.
- Preparation of SDLT forms for submission to HMRC.
- Preparation of forms for submission to HM Land Registry.
- Providing assistance to clients and external solicitors.
- Carrying out Legal Searches.
- Following completion and registration, ensuring nil balance with Accounts and closing files.
- Recent Property related experience within last 3 years preferred.
- Good accurate typing minimum 50wpm.
- Audio Typing.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy is essential.
- Experience with a Case Management System would be advantageous.
You may have experience of the following: Legal Secretary, Legal Advisor, Legal Officer, Legal Administrator, Paralegal, Legal Secretariat, Legal Executive, Commercial Property, Property Law, etc.