Davies and Partners Solicitors is a heavyweight regional Law Firm with offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Gloucester and London.
Responsive to our clients' needs, forward thinking for business, working in partnership with our clients; professionalism is at the heart of the legal advice and guidance we give.
Davies and Partners has a national reputation for excellence in the Property sector and strength in depth in a wide selection of other legal services for businesses & individuals.
Location: Gloucester (commutable from Cheltenham, Worcester, Hereford and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm
About the role:
We are currently seeking a Paralegal to join our Planning, Highways and Environmental Department. The ideal candidate will have recent experience on land matters and / or infrastructure agreements, although we welcome applicants from outside of the legal sector who have worked in a professional office or have experience in administrative management. The successful candidate will assist the Fee Earner dealing with a wide range of matters and have the opportunity to develop their skills and experience with full training and supervision.
- Dealing with administrative routines, and providing administrative support as required by the Fee Earner.
- Assisting with responses to enquiries.
- Opening new files and preparing standard client care letters.
- Assistance with basic telephone calls and taking messages where appropriate.
- Commissioning property related searches.
- Producing legal documentation and standard forms.
- Photocopying and scanning of documents.
- Checking legal documents for quality, consistency and content.
- Audio typing standard letters, emails and documents.
- Obtaining pre-completion searches with HM Land Registry.
- Preparing spreadsheets and completion statements.
- Assisting with setting up completions with Accounts department.
- Arranging completion letters to client and other side solicitors.
- Registration applications to HM Land Registry.
- Closing files following completion and registration.
- Legal research.
- The ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good accurate typing (preferably audio) and IT skills.
- Degree educated (preferably a Law Degree). Exceptional candidates without a Degree, but who have suitable administrative experience will also be considered.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy is essential.
You may have experience of the following: Paralegal, Legal Assistant, Administrative Support, Administrator, Legal Executive, Legal Secretary, Legal Administrator, Law Graduate, Legal Graduate, etc.