IT Application Support Analyst (Financial Services) .
Position: IT Application Support Analyst
Location: London Bridge, London
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: Negotiable (dependent on experience)
Benefits: Staff bonus, contributory pension, BAYE Share Scheme, study support scheme, 3 x DIS, staff events and more
About the role:
AJ Bell is one of the largest providers of online investment platforms and stockbroker services in the UK, with assets under administration exceeding £47.7 billion and more than 214,800 clients. Our award-winning products include AJ Bell Youinvest and AJ Bell Investcentre. We have our head office in Manchester, as well as a Media office in London.
Due to growth within the Technology Services department, a role within the Application Support team has become available. Reporting into the Application Support Team Leader, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting business critical applications and carrying out releases within the production environment, as well as providing local desktop support for the London office.
- Act as primary point of contact and escalation for application support queries. Deliver second / third line support to business users experiencing issues with our core Figaro application software, Infrastructure or Service requests and to ensure customers are kept up to date with progress on their issues and dealing effectively with Incident triage. You will also be expected to deliver desktop support to local London users.
- Support current out of hours release processes.
- Management of Service desk tickets and keeping the queues as low as possible.
- Ensure that documental departmental procedures are kept up to date due to procedural and process changes.
- Monitoring of production environment (Windows, Linux and IBM System I).
- Maintain excellent relationships with the 3rd party suppliers.
- Monitor and resolve requests according to Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Log and manage issues with 3rd parties, ensuring service levels and user updates are maintained.
- Root cause analysis – identifying underlying root causes for recurring issues.
- To ensure compliance with company and other relevant standards / regulations at all times.
- Carry out project work as agreed with the Application Support Team Leader.
- Identify potential improvements to IT processes and carry out this work using scripting languages and automation tools.
- Resolving business critical major incidents as well as escalating and communicating effectively with IT Service Managers.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Good Linux system administration experience. (CentOS / RHEL).
- Strong IT skills, including desktop support and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Evidence of implementing Service improvement initiatives.
- Experience with Windows Server administration.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- A good understanding of LAN / WAN networks, TCP / IP protocols and network technologies.
- Knowledge of the IBM I platform.
- Technical IT certification.
- SQL experience - preferably on a DB2 database. (Writing SELECT queries and UPDATE statements).
- An understanding of the JHC Figaro application.
- Apple Mac desktop support experience.
- Knowledge of VMware VSphere.
- Experience of using code and scripting languages (Bash, Python, Windows PowerShell / batch files etc.) to automate time-consuming tasks.
- Good knowledge of the financial services industry.
Behaviours and Competencies:
- Flexible and highly motivated.
- An excellent analytical mind-set with the ability to adopt a logical approach to solving problems.
- A fantastic team player.
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines / SLA’s.
- Ability to communicate at all levels, building positive relationships with colleagues and clients and maintaining excellent customer service skills.
- Ambitious and driven to exceed expectations.
In return for your hard work you will be entitled to:
- 22 days holiday increasing up to 29 days with length of service, plus bank holidays.
- Discretionary annual bonus.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Paid study support for qualifications.
- Enhanced maternity / paternity scheme.
- Holiday buy / sell scheme.
- Free social events.
You may have experience of the following: IT Application Support Analyst, IT Support Analyst, IT Analyst, Application Support, Application Support Analyst, Desktop Engineer, Linux Administrator, Linux SysAd, Systems Administrator, Technical Administrator, IT Support, Technical Support, IT Support Engineer, 1st Line Support Analyst, 1st Line Support Engineer, etc.