Trainee Paralegal .
Davies and Partners Solicitors is a heavyweight regional Law Firm with offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Gloucester and London.
Responsive to our clients' needs, forward thinking for business, working in partnership with our clients; professionalism is at the heart of the legal advice and guidance we give.
Davies and Partners has a national reputation for excellence in the Property sector and strength in depth in a wide selection of other legal services for businesses & individuals.
Position: Trainee Paralegal
Location: Gloucester (commutable from Cheltenham, Worcester, Hereford and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Fixed Term Contract
Hours: Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm
About the role:
We are currently seeking to recruit a full time Trainee Paralegal to work within our highly regarded Land Acquisition Department. The successful candidate will assist a small team of experienced solicitors dealing with land acquisition and disposal work and related Housing Association transactions. This is an exciting opportunity to do interesting and high quality commercial conveyancing work. Experience within the Legal Profession is not essential and we welcome applicants from other areas – those, for example, who have worked in a professional office or have experience in administrative management, would all be considered.
- Managing incoming and outgoing telephone calls, e-mails and facsimile transmissions as required.
- Dealing with administrative routines, and providing administrative support as required by the Solicitors in the team.
- Assisting with responses to enquiries.
- Audio typing of standard letters, contracts & documents.
- Preparing spreadsheets and completion statements.
- Producing legal documentation and standard forms.
- Legal Research.
- Checking legal documents for quality, consistency and content.
- Photocopying of documents.
- Data input.
- The ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good accurate typing (preferably audio) and IT skills.
- Degree educated (preferably a Law Degree). Exceptional candidates without a degree but who have suitable administrative experience will also be considered.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy is essential.
You may have experience of the following: Trainee Paralegal, Paralegal, Legal Assistant, Administrative Support, Administrator, Trainee Legal Executive, Legal Secretary, Trainee Legal Administrator, Law Graduate, Legal Graduate, etc.